Joss Whedon's The Avengers - Anyone else counting down the days?

I saw it Friday and thought it was fantastic. Usually 2 1/2 hour movies drag, but there wasn't a single filler scene and the dialogue was great. Definitely want to see it again!

MarvelGirl said:
Your son is so adorable, lovemysavior! He looks so happy and cute in his costume. I also love your name as I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ too! I hope you all enjoy the movie this weekend. The reviews have ALL been amazing so we are in for a treat to be sure. Many continued Blessings! :smile:

Thank u so much ;) He had a blast and we all enjoyed the movie.

I saw this yesterday and fell asleep during the movie! *embarrassed* BUT, I had a good reason - I am suffering from jet lag.

From what I saw when I awoke, the movie was entertaining and surprisingly funny. I'm seeing it again next week :biggrin:

Awesome movie!!!! So many inside jokes for us dweebs. :P A quick cameo by Stan Lee, plus there are 2 short scenes after the actual movie ends. One is a couple of minutes into the credits and one is at the very end. Just in case you are the kind of person that likes to see everything. This is one of a very small number of movies that I would actually watch again.

Me too- I'd pay to see it again. Damn, I only saw the 1st clip at the end.

I saw it yesterday and loved it! I dont read comic books so I was wondering if someone can tell me whats the next movie going to be in the series.

So happy that you enjoyed the movie. :biggrin: Up next from Marvel Studios is Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013 and Thor 2 on July 26, 2013. It is also very likely that The Avengers sequel will release the first week of May 2014. HTH!

Avengers Shatters Records With $200.3M

The Walt Disney Studios announced today that "Marvel's The Avengers" posted an estimated $200.3 million in its domestic debut May 4-6, shattering previous records and positioning the film as the highest-grossing domestic debut of all time. The film’s cumulative global box office gross is an estimated $641.8 million over 12 days in release.

Jeremy Renner, Chris Evans, and Scarlett Johansson star as Hawkeye, Captain America, and Black Widow in "Marvel's The Avengers"

In just three days, "Marvel's The Avengers" is the fastest movie to reach $200 million domestically. The domestic debut kicked off Friday, May 4 and marks the second highest single day take of all time at $80.5 million. Saturday’s box office gross of $69.7 million is the highest Saturday take of all time. Moviegoers gave "Marvel's The Avengers" a rare and perfect A+ CinemaScore.

"Marvel's The Avengers" began opening internationally April 25 and crossed the $600 million mark globally May 6 after just 12 days in release.

International box office highlights include:
-Opened May 3 in Russia with $17.9 million, the biggest Marvel opening weekend ever
-Opened May 5 in China with $17.4 million
-Biggest opening weekend of all time in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Central America, Bolivia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Philippines

"Marvel's The Avengers" has now opened in all major markets except Israel, Poland, and Japan.

The film’s success comes a month after Marvel and Disney announced that a sequel to 2011’s "Captain America: The First Avenger" will be released April 4, 2014. A sequel to last summer’s "Thor" is scheduled for release November 15, 2013, and the third installment of the hit Iron Man series, which has earned over $1.2 billion worldwide, will arrive in theaters May 3, 2013.

"Marvel's The Avengers" is the first Marvel Studios film to be marketed and distributed by The Walt Disney Studios.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/18690/avengers_shatters_records_with_200.3m#ixzz1uDfiBKFJ

It was fantastic! We loved it! RDJ just IS Iron Man, seriously. Is he even acting?? He's so amazing. And both Chris' - Evans and Hemsworth were so swoon-worthy...omg. Loved it.

Make sure to stay thru the credits for the 2 extra scenes!!