Jonathon Silky Dirt same as Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream?

1. I'm pretty sure they're not the same at all. The glossing cream (which I LOVE) gives you a nice sheen and manageability, like a leave in conditioner. The dirt is more of a texturizer. I have baby fine hair, so I've never used the dirt, I didn't think it would do much for me. Sorry I'm not more help, I'm sure someone else will have used the Dirt.

2. i got a free sample of the dirt from sephora and i'm not sure it's for me. i also have long, straight hair, so i like glossing products better. i think the dirt would be great if you had a shorter haricut and wanted to add some volume/texture at the roots. i tried using it more on the length of my hair (everything but the roots) before blow drying and it's ok, but it kind of made my hair feel more "piecy" if that makes sense, not super silky. it definitely adds texture but i don't think i want too much texture at the ends of my hair! i would recommend trying to get a sample first to see if you like it. hope that helps!

3. Silky Dirt is totally different than regular Jonathan Dirt. The silky formula is more of a smoothing cream (that adds some texture) whereas the original is a texturizing paste. I don't think Silky Dirt adds the same kind of luster as FF Glossing cream, but it's equally effective for smoothing hair, controlling fly aways, etc :shrugs:...

If your hair is thick, you could use Silky Dirt on the ends to make them smoother and give them some texture, or you could rub it over the top of your hair to make it look smoother. I wouldn't really recommend any of these products for thin/fine hair, because they're all a little heavy...

4. I just got a sample of this with my last Sephora order too, and I have long straight hair. I used it once and was a little confused by it...I wasn't really sure what it should be used for, so I used it after I had blow dried my hair but honestly, I wasn't really impressed with it.

I think I might pick up some of the FF glossing creme...

5. I don't think anything can compare to FF Glossing Cream.

6. I have the silky dirt. I hated it the first time I tried it, but made myself give it another chance (it's not cheap, LOL). I have thick, fine hair that is flyaway in certain weather. I like to use the dirt on the ends of my hair to control static and to make "definition" and at the roots too. It makes newly washed hair look like "second day" hair. Since I wash my hair daily, I like to use it but mostly in the winter.