Jolie, Pitt eye adoption next

1. -----
    (source: news.yahoo.com)
    Jolie, Pitt eye adoption next

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Weeks after the birth of their first biological child, Hollywood stars

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are planning to adopt another.

"Next we'll adopt," Jolie told CNN in an interview to be aired on Tuesday.

"We don't know which -- which country. But we're looking at different countries. And we're -- I'm just-- it's gonna be the balance of what would be the best for Mad and for Z right now. It's, you know, another boy, another girl, which country, which race would fit best with the kids," she said, referring to her adopted children.

Jolie's adopted daughter Zahara, now about 15 months old, is from Ethiopia, and son Maddox, 4, is from Cambodia.

The couple's younger daughter, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, was born on May 27 in Namibia in one of the most highly anticipated celebrity stories of the year.

Jolie said she had given birth in Namibia because she loved Africa and had wanted to bring Zahara back to Africa.

"My other daughter's African," she said in excerpts of an interview to be aired on CNN's program Anderson Cooper 360. .".. And I wanted to take her back to Africa."

Jolie said she was frightened during the birth, which was by Caesarean section because the baby was in a breech position. Pitt was in the operating room for the delivery, she said.

"And you know, because you're there for the birth, which I wasn't for my first two kids, you're just suddenly terrified that they're not gonna take a first breath," she said.

"That was my whole focus. I just wanted to hear her cry. And I was sure everything would go right -- at the last minute, I became the mother that was sure everything was gonna go wrong. And she's healthy, and it was amazing."

The Oscar-winning actress, who said she gives a third of her income to refugees and other causes, is a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees and the CNN interview will be aired on June 20, World Refugee Day.

"I had a stupid income for what I do," she said.

The money does make a difference and Jolie does see change. She said she feels "lucky" because she is able to visit the places that receive her money.

"I can meet some people who say, 'God, we really need a well, or these cars are broken. Or we need something in the camp that's ... at school.' And I can go back a year later and see it built or see the cars."
    -----

2. I still can't quite see them going the distance but time will tell!

3. I'm already bored....

4. i'm all for humanitarian issues, but don't they have enough children under the age of 5 to care for? that's a lot of work for two people.
    i know they have all the money in the world and can hire great help, but that kind of defeats the purpose of being a parent.
    they need to quit while they're ahead :hrmm:

5. ^^^^ yep, agree, i dunno why they are considering of adopting more kids.. it's hard to give those kids their full attention if they have too many kids

6. Personally, I think it's nice for the kids to be this close in age and grow up all together!!!

7. Good for them...I have 3 kids, ages 6-3 & 2, and I barely have time to even 'look' at another kid!

8. Ok.... now I think they're (or she's) doing too much.

9. I honestly don't think 4 kids are too many to handle. Not only can she afford to hire someone to help her but I agree that growing up together around the same age will be great for them!!

My father has 12 brothers and sisters and my grandparents did it all on their own without any help and they all turned out just great!!

10. I say good for them and for their children and any future children they might adopt. They have the resources & money to do it, so why not.
    And, I don't think Angelina said they were going to adopt right away, she probably meant in the future at some point.

11. Good for them.

But I think it's better to wait until those three get a bit older.

12. Please tell me this does not mean more endless publicity? Interestingly I read THIS about her today: (things that make you say "hmmmm")

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/tittletattle/article_21223696.shtml

Why Anderson Cooper?
    Media Queen Angelina Jolie Is Mona Lisa
    by Jim Brogan
    Jun 17, 2006

Say what you will about her, Angelina Jolie is a master at manipulating the media. Or is it just a mega-million dollar deal with the duelmasters at Time Warner that gets her everything she wants, whenever she wants it?

Never one to avoid a controversy, or an opportunity to get in the news, Jolie is now taking her case to CNN's Anderson Cooper, having agreed to her first interview back in the states since returning from Namibia with partner Pitt and family, including new baby Shiloh, in tow.

Cooper's executive producer on his CNN show 360, David Doss, insists Jolie's People deal for $4 million had nothing to do with Cooper landing the actress everyone wants to gawk at on his show on Thursday night. But many have questioned the reasoning behind the actress' choice of interviewers, and three possibilities are out there.

Jossip.com, a tPC fave celeb blog, claims "his (Coopers) 'exclusive' was included in the $4 million." However, Doss claims, "That couldn't be further from the truth. They [Brad Pitt and Jolie] decided to do one interview on World Refugee Day, and they are big fans of Anderson and what Anderson has been doing in Africa."
    Doss also says that when he was offered the interview, his reaction was, "Are you kidding me? You're just dropping this in my lap?"

But it's easy to see the connection, regardless of Doss' heated denials. AOL/Time Warner owns both People magazine and CNN, as well as the Brit rag Hello!, who is rumored to be the source of the pre-release leak of the Pitt-Jolie-New Baby first photos. It's not difficult to imagine the press workings of this arrangement, not even for an amateur PR hack.

13. well said...love your words!

14. i am rooting for them. i think it's great they are adopting. there sure are plenty of orphans out there.

15. Another one? Why don't they just buy an orphanage or something and call it a done deal?