Jolie and Pitt give $2 million gifts

1. another reason to love angie...

2. So many celebrities upset me because they try to act like they care when in reality they only stand up on a talk show and say a few words. These two are getting involved with their time AND money. Thank you for posting this lv1011. It's great to know some people are actually doing something with their fame and privilege. :yes:

3. I love and admire them both. Well, I always loved angie for her chariety work. Im glad that she was able to get brad pitt to contribute his time and money aswell. Hollywood needs to wake up. Life isnt all about money and fame. They have the mass appeal to make a difference, but most of them dont..sadly.

4. I'm not surprised, she is one of the top 10 philanthropists in the WORLD! I love her too, she not only is beautiful outside but more importantly inside as well.

5. I :heart: Angie and Brad. Angie gives so much of her time and money to such great causes.

6. I totally agree!

7. That's nice of them. I think they're putting their fame and status to good use for great causes.

8. Thats really nice! I hope more celebrities follow!

9. Good for them.:yes: Too bad some people think that the only reason they do it is to get publicity.

10. I love Doctors without Borders!! You know their money will be put to good use.

11. Good for them!

12. If publicity is not a motivating factor (at least to some extent) for them, why do they feel compelled to issue press releases regarding their donations?

It smacks of "Look at me! I'm special!".

MANY, MANY people do as much - and more - than they do and don't feel the need to run around announcing their donations.

I am much more impressed by those who just go quietly about the business of doing good than I am with those who feel the need to announce to the world how "wonderful" and "generous" they are.

13. Exactly what I have been thinking...when is this charade going to end....

14. Brad & Angelina Start Charitable Group | Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt : People.com
    Brad & Angelina Start Charitable Group

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2006 05:55PM EST
    By Mary Green

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have created a new charitable foundation to aid humanitarian causes across the globe, a spokesman for the couple tells PEOPLE.

The newly formed Jolie/Pitt Foundation is giving away $ 2 million – $1 to the Global Action for Children and $1 million to Doctors Without Borders, to help families affected by HIV/AIDS and extreme poverty.

"Angelina and Brad are committed to using their resources to help the world's most vulnerable people," their spokesman, Trevor Neilson, tells PEOPLE. "These two organizations are focusing on crises that receive far too little attention and Angelina and Brad are happy to do their part to help."

Jolie and Pitt are no strangers to global activism, and they have traveled together to Pakistan, among other countries, as part of Jolie's work as a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. High Commission for Refugees.

Jennifer Delaney, the U.S. director for Global Action for Children, expressed gratitude for the donation, and told the Associated Press: "Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt not only care, but more important, are taking concrete action to address the fact that there will be 20 million children orphaned by AIDS by 2010, and millions more orphaned by tuberculosis, malaria and conflict or whose parents are sick and dying."