John Mayer...... and

Maybe they are!! Remember when Jessica looked awful like this:
a76101840.jpg

It HAS to be the JM influence. These girls could have BOTH decided, "Hey, I want to look pale and washed out, just like my boyfriend."

LOL that pic reminds me of the days when jessica simpson used to look like this:

JessicaSimpsonCIG2007_2.jpg

I just found it and the text below says:

Jessica Simpson Changed Hair Color to Impress John Mayer

(Sawf News) – Singer and actress Jessica Simpson dyed her iconic blonde locks to brown for boyfriend John Mayer. Usmagazine.com reports, Simpson made a dramatic change from a cornsilk blonde color to brown hair do last February at the behest of Mayer who prefers darker hair. "John told Jessica that she has to change," says a source. “He didn’t want to be dating this ‘blonde bimbo."

Source:
http://news.sawf.org/Gossip/37650.aspx

I think Mandy Moore's styling on that pic is almost the same but she looked better with blonde hair

*Updated*

Mandy and Mayer "Just Friends"
Wednesday August 15, 2007

John Mayer, one of Hollywood's least-expected heartthrobs, has wooed the likes of Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jessica Simpson. Today Extra reports that he hasn't, however, explored the bodily wonderland of Mandy Moore. And that comes straight from the singer/actress' mouth!
At the New York City premiere of her latest movie, Dedication, Moore told Extra that pictures of her and Mayer lunching together don't mean a thing, exclaiming, “Oh my goodness. John and I have been friends for years, no romance.”

John Mayer sticks up for his ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson in his latest blog entry, titled “DON’T EX WITH TEXAS.”
Lately, Jessica’s been getting a lot of flack for screwing up the performance of her current flame, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. Dallas crashed out of the NFL play-offs earlier this week when the New York Giants beat them 21-17. Here’s John putting up his dukes for poor ol’ Jessica:
“Dear Dallas and Surrounding Areas,
This isn’t a sports blog, and it isn’t a publicity stunt. (but have at me if it feels right.)
This is about doing what I think is right as a person, in this case speaking my mind.
I have never known anyone to have more pride in their home state and their upbringing in it than Jessica Simpson has in Texas. I don’t really follow sports, but I have played some of my biggest and best concerts in your state, and having witnessed how dynamic the spirit there is, I’m betting emotions are running high right about now.
All witty barbs, blogs, and fashion policing aside, that girl loves Texas more than you know. It’s one of her most defining traits as a person. So please don’t try and take that away from her. (You probably wouldn’t be able to, but it’s less work for all involved.)
I just thought it would mean something coming from the guy who has the absolute least to gain from this. And if I’m out of line in having written it, too bad. I can spare a Wednesday’s worth of bad press if it means sticking up for a good soul.
JM”
How sweet of him!