Joe's Screaming Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

1. Joe's Screaming Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

This is not my recipe. This won a tailgating food contest a few years back on Emeril Live. My DH and I make these too often during football season. We have modified the original recipe a bit

Get the largest jalapeno peppers you can find. Slice into halfs and clean out the seeds. Reserve the seeds.

1 to 2 packages cream cheese, depending on the size of your pepper, room temperature
    2 to 4 cloves chopped garlic
    1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
    Chopped fresh basil leaves
    Pinch salt
    10 to 25 jalapeno peppers
    1/2 to 1 pound thinly sliced bacon
    Toothpicks
    Reserved jalapeno seeds

Mix each package of cream cheese with chopped garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and a dash of chopped basil. Add a pinch of salt. Add in the reserved jalapeno seeds, the amount depends on how hot you want the poppers. Mix until mixture is soft and manageable.

Take the jalapeno half and using a knife fill the jalapeno with the cream cheese mixture. Wrap each filled pepper half with 1/2 to 1 strip of bacon, covering the entire pepper. Secure the bacon with a toothpick.

Put the stuffed, wrapped peppers on a tin foil covered cookie tray and put under the boiler at med or low heat. Broil until the the bacon is fully cooked and crispy. You will have to use tongs to flip them. Serve 'em up and watch your friends squirm with delight!

2. These sound absolutely fantastic! I can't wait to make them ~ maybe Sunday.

Thanks for posting :p