Joel Kinnaman

Remember when Skarsgard brought Kate to Sweden and everyone was flipping out because she was seen hanging with his brothers and sister (and father), BB :P Honestly, know one knows how serious they are nor can predict an engagement based on something like meeting the parents (which is apparently a much bigger deal here in the States compared to everywhere else.) And I'm pretty sure she's been to Sweden with him before this year.

I think for her to travel to Sweden I think it must be at least pretty serious. I have read here that meeting parents isn't like it is here. If you meet parents here engagement isn't very far off. Personally I think she could just be seeing where he came from. I didn't know that it doesn't get dark in Sweden during summer?

Yes , it´s often bright almost the whole night in Sweden.
It´s lovely!

As they need to fly to Sweden to meet the parents it´s clear it´s pretty serious.
It just doesn´t have to mean engagement isn't very far off.

Living together in years , having kids before getting engaged or married is more usual in Sweden.

And as most of the time the guy proposes it depends on Joel.

Of course if you need to travel far away to meet the parents it means something in Sweden too.

But if they live in the same city you can meet them after a fews weeks or even earlier and in that case it doesn´t mean that much.

Have you read this one:

http://www.thelocal.se/17566/20090216/

Too funny...

I agree with Blueberry. Just because she's in Sweden now doesn't mean they suddenly get engaged especially since Joel said he'd rather have kids than getting married. So I guess OM has to "work" for the ring first and deliver some kids. :P

Remember when Skarsgard brought Kate to Sweden and everyone was flipping out because she was seen hanging with his brothers and sister (and father), BB :P Honestly, know one knows how serious they are nor can predict an engagement based on something like meeting the parents (which is apparently a much bigger deal here in the States compared to everywhere else.) And I'm pretty sure she's been to Sweden with him before this year.

I know she went to visit him when he was filming The Killing. They have been working since they met both of them.

Not to my knowledge. It was working on The Killing from January until about March and she didn't finish Newsroom until April.

I'm sorry but as long as you're not either of them or has worked on any of the shows your knowledge is as much as ours. And that is limited to guessing and speculating. You don't know how long the break was after New Year's so they might flew home or how often they have off. I doubt she's a leading character on her show. Even Skarsgard flies home in between and he has a bit more to do on the show.

I agree with Blueberry. Just because she's in Sweden now doesn't mean they suddenly get engaged especially since Joel said he'd rather have kids than getting married. So I guess OM has to "work" for the ring first and deliver some kids. :P

That's the thing with American girls. You want kids, you provide the ring. Most
American women aren't going to be a baby mama.

That's the thing with American girls. You want kids, you provide the ring. Most
American women aren't going to be a baby mama.

Some swedish guys then drop the woman some proposes...

You never know...

But you need to be very diplomatic.

If the woman is trying to blackmail the guy into marriage most of the time it won´t work. And getting pregnant to catch a guy won´t work either , as for swedish men pregnancy is no reason to propose.

I'm sorry but as long as you're not either of them or has worked on any of the shows your knowledge is as much as ours. And that is limited to guessing and speculating. You don't know how long the break was after New Year's so they might flew home or how often they have off. I doubt she's a leading character on her show. Even Skarsgard flies home in between and he has a bit more to do on the show.

Do you think I'm a ****ing idiot? She tweeted a pic of her at the NY Rangers hockey game during the winter classic which was the day after New Years. Also she went back to work on Newsroom and had to do reshoots for Magic Mike. This girl tweets basically every move she makes. You won't to know what moves she makes, then follow her timeline. She can't keep her mouth shut, that has been a problem with her for quite some time.

That's the thing with American girls. You want kids, you provide the ring. Most American women aren't going to be a baby mama.

Some swedish guys then drop the woman some proposes...

You never know...

But you need to be very diplomatic.

If the woman is trying to blackmail the guy into marriage most of the time it won´t work. And getting pregnant to catch a guy won´t work either , as for swedish men pregnancy is no reason to propose.

Exactly. I have friends where the kid is becoming 3 this fall. It's not looking like he'll propose anytime soon. Most guys are happy with the situation as it is.

Do you think I'm a ****ing idiot? She tweeted a pic of her at the NY Rangers hockey game during the winter classic which was the day after New Years. Also she went back to work on Newsroom and had to do reshoots for Magic Mike. This girl tweets basically every move she makes.

Well good for you. You're better informed about her life than I am. I don't give a f*ck what she's tweeting. She doesn't need more than her 15 minutes of fame.

Or some of them want to make sure they get spousal support after a divorce...

:graucho::graucho:

There is no such thing as spousal support in Sweden.

Really? I guess I have to think over the whole "getting a Swedish husband" thing. If I'm not getting anything out of this after the "very painful" divorce what's left then? :P
Or we just get married here under German law. Way better conditions for me after the divorce. :biggrin: Of course we don't let it get it that far to get divorced. :graucho: