Joel Kinnaman

I think if they were going to renew it, they would have done it by now. I think with Joel shooting Robocop from September until I think January, that would delay the show for a while. But the ratings have been just horrible and I don't thnk AMC will renew it.

Hence me having accepted it already.

The only real hope would be that AMC doesn't like what they see in the other crime pilots they greenlit and opt not to go to series with either of those. As a platform for original scripted series, they have only in their history cancelled one show. And that one didn't have a history of Emmy nominations, not even any campaigns for Emmy nominations. They like their batting average so far, in fact I'm pretty sure they gloat over it:P

As far as scheduling goes, I'm pretty sure actors initially sign contracts for multiple seasons even if those seasons are likely or not so that producers don't have to worry about creative decisions based on sudden exits. IF The Killing went on, the lawyers would prob hammer out something efficient in terms of scheduling. If Joel wants another season, I'm gonna bet he is contracted for one anyway, and all involved parties are probably aware of the details and would figure it all out somehow. The contracts usually involve clauses about order of importance, one project based on the contingency of another, etc. etc. I can't speak to how it works exactly but my (lowly, loll) but my job allows me to cross paths with people who do know pretty often. I should ask.

Alas, I can't afford to get my own hopes up, so..... :noworry:

Hence me having accepted it already.

The only real hope would be that AMC doesn't like what they see in the other crime pilots they greenlit and opt not to go to series with either of those. As a platform for original scripted series, they have only in their history cancelled one show. And that one didn't have a history of Emmy nominations, not even any campaigns for Emmy nominations. They like their batting average so far, in fact I'm pretty sure they gloat over it:P

As far as scheduling goes, I'm pretty sure actors initially sign contracts for multiple seasons even if those seasons are likely or not so that producers don't have to worry about creative decisions based on sudden exits. IF The Killing went on, the lawyers would prob hammer out something efficient in terms of scheduling. If Joel wants another season, I'm gonna bet he is contracted for one anyway, and all involved parties are probably aware of the details and would figure it all out somehow. The contracts usually involve clauses about order of importance, one project based on the contingency of another, etc. etc. I can't speak to how it works exactly but my (lowly, loll) but my job allows me to cross paths with people who do know pretty often. I should ask.

Alas, I can't afford to get my own hopes up, so..... :noworry:

Any actor when they sign up for a series signs up for a multiple seasons. It's up to the network whether or not they want to continue or not. Usually they sign for at least 4 and usually sign for 6. But that doesn't mean they will do them.

"At the LA Film Fest Magic Mike premiere after party.
She should slow down with the fake tan." - BagBerry 13

I know, right? Step away from the tanning spray gun! And it makes her foundation look too light. I've seen other ladies similiarly afflicted.
They do look dressed up, enjoying themselves.
Looking at all the pics of her with everyone at all of these recent red carpet events, she reminds me of local actors here that always show up to all our film industry events. They don't always have affiliation to the project but are relentlessly networking/taking photos with anyone. I give her credit for looking after her career but she looks like she's trying too hard. And there's a wireimage pic of him looking down texting with one foot up on the couch while she's fiercely working the room. He looks content to have a drink, a smoke and soak in the night. I bet he understands her drive to self-promote but he goes about it in a different way. And he is too handsome for someone in Hollywood not to have their hooks in him right away.

"When you saw pictures of her and Chris Pine, they never seemed happy. You never saw them holding hands or smiling. People including myself always seem to think that relationship was an agreement between their PR people to get him press." - wimpy77

He was very nice when he was here to promote People Like Us. I'm glad his career is doing good and it will get a huge bump with this movie. Lots of awards buzz.

And I would love Season three but yeah, it probably would have been picked up already. It was said before but it would free him up for more movie work. It was nice to see his work more frequently with TV.

What did those who saw Lola Versus think of the movie? It's not getting great reviews but then again, my collegues and I were so distracted by Joel during the movie (who is HE? Have we seen him elswhere? etc) that I'm not reliable enough for comment. :biggrin:

I know, right? Step away from the tanning spray gun! And it makes her foundation look too light. I've seen other ladies similiarly afflicted.
Looking at all the pics of her with everyone at all of these recent red carpet events, she reminds me of local actors here that always show up to all our film industry events. They don't always have affiliation to the project but are relentlessly networking/taking photos with anyone. I give her credit for looking after her career but she looks like she's trying too hard. And there's a wireimage pic of him looking down texting with one foot up on the couch while she's fiercely working the room. He looks content to have a drink, a smoke and soak in the night. I bet he understands her drive to self-promote but he goes about it in a different way. And he is too handsome for someone in Hollywood not to have their hooks in him right away.

I'm starting to agree with Bagberry, he's definitely not the Hollywood type.

"When you saw pictures of her and Chris Pine, they never seemed happy. You never saw them holding hands or smiling. People including myself always seem to think that relationship was an agreement between their PR people to get him press." - wimpy77

He was very nice when he was here to promote People Like Us. I'm glad his career is doing good and it will get a huge bump with this movie. Lots of awards buzz.

And I would love Season three but yeah, it probably would have been picked up already. It was said before but it would free him up for more movie work. It was nice to see his work more frequently with TV.

What did those who saw Lola Versus think of the movie? It's not getting great reviews but then again, my collegues and I were so distracted by Joel during the movie (who is HE? Have we seen him elswhere? etc) that I'm not reliable enough for comment. :biggrin:

Scaredsquirrel (one of the posters here) saw it a week ago and said it was good. She knew about the reviews but was positively surprised. She gave Joel the thumbs up. I can't tell you anything about it because it's still not out here.

Has anyone else noticed the pictures of him holding a cigerette the actually cigerette is never lit, i think it's electronic

It is an electronic cigarette. Joel is trying to quit smoking for awhile now. Obviously it's not really working so this is his alternative to not bother others with the smoke. I guess the pressure and stress of being a talented actor with a rising profile doesn't help his will to quit. He once said in an interview it's easy for him to quit things, that he has not this addiction gene but it's hard for him to keep up the quitting. Which when you look at it is a contradiction because it basically describes an addict. If he had no trouble quitting things he wouldn't go back to them. But hey, it's lovely Joel. :biggrin: