Joe Torre turns down 1-yr deal with the NYY!!!!

1. I don't blame him for doing this. George ran is mouth saying if the Yankees dont win Joe will be gone, but then they want him back???? Good for him I respect him a lot he has done a lot for the Yankees. He got them to the playoffs 12 yrs in a row and out of those 12 yrs 4 wins in the world series.

Joe was offers a 5 million dollar contract and 3 million dollars in bonus if he got them to a certain points. They lowered his pay, so that might have played a factor:shrugs:

2. Torre turns down offer to return as Yanks' skipper

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 18, 2007, 4:11 PM ET

TAMPA, Fla. -- Joe Torre turned down the New York Yankees' offer to return as manager on Thursday.
    The Yankees offered Torre a one-year deal with a base salary of $5 million and incentives that would have increased his salary to $8 million based on postseason performance. Under that offer, if Torre reached the World Series in 2008, an option for 2009 would have vested.

3. I am at a lost for words , this offseason is going to be horrible for Yankees fans , we are going to possibly lose a lot of a best players and we now have to deal with a new manager , it just sucks !