job satisfaction poll. do you like your job?

are you happy with your job?

• happy

• unhappy

• neutral

• does not apply

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't like my job as much as if I got to just take care of puppies all day or something but I like it enough to not dislike it, if that makes sense. I've had jobs I didn't like in the past so I'm pretty happy with the one I have. It makes your whole life suck if your job sucks.

ita, when my job feels suckie, my life feels suckie!

i was so miserable at my job for the last half year or so, but thankfully, i will be moving on to a new role, in a new department starting on aug. 1st!! i know i'm going to love it.

I have a love-hate relationship with my job.

I adore the organization, and the mission we work for, and many of my co-workers and the employees who work for me. My current position also can be very rewarding and is one of the highest level positions in the office...and a great springboard to even bigger and better opportunities.

With that being said, I also have to deal with unreasonable pressures, conflicting priorities, bureaucratic red tape, and some really ridiculous employees who think they can get away with anything (mainly because they HAVE been for the past 25 years...)

Some days I come home thinking I need to find a new position within the organization, that I can't stand it another day. Then, I'll have weeks like the one that just passed - where I get to participate in something so positive and rewarding that I actually feel HONORED to work there....

Does this make any sense???? :confused1:

I really look forward to coming to work every day!! I work with two older guys in a very small office - with one other lady who works part time. My boss treats me like a daughter and often brings me a banana for morning tea, or buys me a little icecream or something. He had a daughter my age who committed suicide 8 years ago and I think it really helps him with his grief to treat me like a daughter. We sometimes have bar b q lunches and chat about our work, it is a very good environment.

Aside from that, I work helping people in communities, and it is very rewarding!!!

I used to loathe my old job, mainly because my boss was soooooo nasty and derogatory towards me....she'd say things like she wondered if anthing she said would get into my thick skull etc etc etc (even though since I joined their company their profits soared...grrrr) so I ended up resigning, it just wasn't worth that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach I would get everytime I had to go to work.