Job rut.

1. Okay here's the story.

I'm schooling (I am now getting my Bachelors through distance education).

But I have a job that are with GREAT people. I've been here now for 3 months (I know not very long). But my probation period had just ended and I have just been reviewed and the company LOVES me.

I love the people I work with but because I work for a small association, the pay isn't all that great. Everyone at the office is underpayed.

So because of that, I am JUST getting by.

Should I rethink my position and see if there are better jobs out there? or should I stay here but at least feel comfortable with my schedule and the people I work with?

Usually I wouldn't care so much for my pay if I enjoy the atmosphere but it just comes down to my expenses and I don't want to be stressed to think that i'm JUST getting by.

2. I think I would stay until I've finished my degree, then once you have that you can look for better pay. You'll get paid more once you have that degree in hand. Good luck!
  3. True but with what i'm doing now I can get paid a little bit more which would definitely lift a lot of weight off my chest but the schedule stability may not be the same.

*sigh*, how I hate student loans.
  4. A job with a good environment and good co workers is hard to come by. My current job pays great but leaves me with a constant headache. I would choose good coworkers and positive environment over higher pay. If you switch jobs you never know if you will have a good boss and people that you get along with.

Good luck!
  5. I would look for a better paying job.

Perhaps you could find something that pays better but allows you to stay independent.
    *Baby sitting (daycare in rich parents' home)

Good luck!
  6. I agree that a good work environment can be very hard to come by. It makes the long days go by so much faster. If I were you I would probably stick with this job and enjoy it for a little while longer...stay until you get your degree or at least for another 6 months. I don't know what kind of industry you're in but it can sometimes look bad to potential new employers if you've only stayed at jobs for short periods of time.