Jimmy Choo Jimmy Choo POOR quality, pls help!

Wow meandanitoo, thats absolutley disgraceful on their part refusing to refund you etc. What on earth is up with their customer services these days?:Pullhair::Pullhair:

You can't have such a high price point on product and provide rubbish service. Nor should they be producing shoes with plastic heels. Thats not what you drop the big bucks for

I had a bad experience with a Jimmy Choo boutique as well but thankfully I was able to get my money back. In short, I ordered the Anouk pump in the store but when I called the next day for the tracking number they refused to give it to me stating several reasons that made no sense (their account # is part of the tracking number and they weren't allowed to compromise the security of their account, they don't give the tracking # to clients because in the past when they've done so the person would go to the customer's house (I kid you not this is what I was told) and wait for the package to arrive and then steal it, blah, blah, blah). So I cancelled the order and was told that they didn't give refunds and I would have to take a store credit.
When you buy something from Jimmy Choo they ask you to sign a receipt that acknowledges their 14 day no refund/exchange only policy which is what the sa kept repeating to me. When I told him it didn't matter what I signed he told me he wasn't going to refund my money and told me that they were going to ship the shoes anyway despite the fact that I had cancelled.

In the end, I wrote a demand for payment letter and faxed it to the corporate office first thing on the following Monday morning. I had a check in the mail at the end of the week but after this experience I'll never buy a Jimmy Choo product from their stores or anywhere else for that matter. In the course of this I also learned that the heels on the Anouk pump (and quite a few other Jimmy Choo styles) are made of plastic. $575.00 or more and the shoes have plastic heels! I also read reviews from long time clients who say that over the years the quality of their products continues to deteriorate (I also learned that the online store and their boutiques are two separate entities), quite possibly due to the corporate takeover of this company some years ago. Just goes to show that "designer" and "quality" aren't synonymous. Customer Service doesn't even come into play as it's nearly non-existent these days.

Refusal to give the customer a tracking number is not unusual at all. I've found that most places (Choo, BV, Prada, Tods, etc) do this. If you, or someone posing as you gets the number, they can divert the shipment. What they told you is not a fabrication, and is a safety measure to protect you and them from fraud.

Also, it makes perfect sense to me from a materials and engineering standpoint that a 5" heel stiletto would not be made of wood. Wood has a grain and pores, those heels would snap off in no time. Acrylic does not have a grain or pores, making the polymer much stronger to stresses.

And thirdly, Choo did contract with NAP to operate the inline store. There were indeed customer service issues in 2008-2010. I believe this is no longer the case, and the online store is staffed by their own people.

I am sorry you had a bad experience.

Refusal to give the customer a tracking number is not unusual at all. I've found that most places (Choo, BV, Prada, Tods, etc) do this. If you, or someone posing as you gets the number, they can divert the shipment. What they told you is not a fabrication, and is a safety measure to protect you and them from fraud.

Also, it makes perfect sense to me from a materials and engineering standpoint that a 5" heel stiletto would not be made of wood. Wood has a grain and pores, those heels would snap off in no time. Acrylic does not have a grain or pores, making the polymer much stronger to stresses.

And thirdly, Choo did contract with NAP to operate the inline store. There were indeed customer service issues in 2008-2010. I believe this is no longer the case, and the online store is staffed by their own people.

I am sorry you had a bad experience.

Agree.

Refusal to give tracking is legit.

Also the thing about plastic heels is very common... In fact EVERY premiere designer shoe brand uses primarily plastic heels. :yes:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your kind words...

Jburgh and Cec.LV4eva

Refusal to give a tracking number to a client is not a legitimate practice regardless of whether most high end designers practice it and I personally find it unusual. The reasons that they gave me for not being able to provide the tracking number were unreasonable and inconsistent - I called two different stores and both gave me two entirely different reasons for not being able to provide the information. I also called their the online store and was told that they do in fact give the tracking number to clients who place orders on their website and informed me that the online store is a separate entity from their boutique stores and because of this were unable to assist me.

I'm curious to know how would someone pose as me to get the tracking information? How would they know I purchased a pair of shoes, what size they were, my address, etc? They wouldn't and they would need to know some of this info in order to "divert" the shipment (which may not be possible in any case depending on the type of account the shipper has). So unless someone from Jimmy Choo gave the details of the shipment in addition to the tracking numjber, there is no way the shipment would be compromised. Let's be realistic. We're not talking about a shipment of iphones or laptops, or the hope diamond or a large shipment of these very nice, expensive, plastic heeled, Jimmy Choo Anouk pumps. We're talking about a singular pair of shoes here and I'm guessing that the refusal to provide the tracking information had more to do with their 14-day return policy and that little slip of paper they ask you to sign acknowledging said policy, (and their desire to control the sale based on the fact that they make commission) than any concern on their part about protecting me from fraud. Besides, I shop at Neiman's and Saks from time to time and if you buy a pair of J.Choo pumps there, I promise you they'll give you the tracking number. Jimmy Choo is full of it.

Now, I own a lot of stiletto's from premier and Contemporary designers to mid price and lower end brands. I have mary jane platform stiletto's from Ann Taylor that measure 5" tall...and I'm happy to say that the heels are not plastic nor are they plastic covered with leather and have never gotten so much as a crack in all the time I've worn them. So I'm sorry, I'm not about to shell out $600 for a pump just because it says Choo or Prada or whoever, with a plastic heel. Since these are "high end" designers I expect more than just their name on the product. Dammit I want quality! LOL, seriously, no matter how you look at it plastic heels are cheap, manmade synthetics that decrease the production cost to the designer and increase their bottom line and in terms of durability synthetics don't compare to the real thing. (Notwithstanding the fact that they are porous}. So while I appreciate your input...I'm just not buying it.

Those Jimmy Choo Anouk pumps, I mean. But thanks for your comments.

Last edited:
I had a bad experience with a Jimmy Choo boutique as well but thankfully I was able to get my money back. In short, I ordered the Anouk pump in the store but when I called the next day for the tracking number they refused to give it to me stating several reasons that made no sense (their account # is part of the tracking number and they weren't allowed to compromise the security of their account, they don't give the tracking # to clients because in the past when they've done so the person would go to the customer's house (I kid you not this is what I was told) and wait for the package to arrive and then steal it, blah, blah, blah). So I cancelled the order and was told that they didn't give refunds and I would have to take a store credit.
When you buy something from Jimmy Choo they ask you to sign a receipt that acknowledges their 14 day no refund/exchange only policy which is what the sa kept repeating to me. When I told him it didn't matter what I signed he told me he wasn't going to refund my money and told me that they were going to ship the shoes anyway despite the fact that I had cancelled.

In the end, I wrote a demand for payment letter and faxed it to the corporate office first thing on the following Monday morning. I had a check in the mail at the end of the week but after this experience I'll never buy a Jimmy Choo product from their stores or anywhere else for that matter. In the course of this I also learned that the heels on the Anouk pump (and quite a few other Jimmy Choo styles) are made of plastic. $575.00 or more and the shoes have plastic heels! I also read reviews from long time clients who say that over the years the quality of their products continues to deteriorate (I also learned that the online store and their boutiques are two separate entities), quite possibly due to the corporate takeover of this company some years ago. Just goes to show that "designer" and "quality" aren't synonymous. Customer Service doesn't even come into play as it's nearly non-existent these days.
@meandanitoo:what?no refunds???Late to this thread,but I can echo the sentiment in every post.I too went through hell with them,after the heel on a brand new shoe broke......the day I first wore them.Awful back and forth, of emails that always end with:do not hesitate to contact us should we be of assistance. •They initially wanted me to pay to have the shoe sent to Italy to replace the heel.I will NEVER give them a cent of my money ever again!

Kind of freaked out now. Wanted to get a pair of their Gilbert pumps and/or the Cosmic ones too. But realistically speaking, anyone can do a black pump, so looks like I'm going to get another brand. To the OP, hope everything got sorted out okay, and you're happy with it now! :smile:

Very sorry to hear that... Unfortunately I had a similar experience in London last year - the whole heel literally fell off the shoe on the 3rd time I wore them. I could see that one of the fixings was not in straight. I returned to the store straight away, with box, receipt and everything, was told it was "wear and tear". The good news is that a cobbler fixed them, but it did cost another £60 :sad:

Very sorry to hear that... Unfortunately I had a similar experience in London last year - the whole heel literally fell off the shoe on the 3rd time I wore them. I could see that one of the fixings was not in straight. I returned to the store straight away, with box, receipt and everything, was told it was "wear and tear". The good news is that a cobbler fixed them, but it did cost another £60 :sad:

Funny you should say that. When I was in the store there was a shoe on the counter behind the register with a broken heel. When I asked the salesgirl what happened, she said that the owner was shopping in Georgetown and the heel got caught in a brick sidewalk and broke. It must have been a helluva brick because that heel was CRACKED in half. If only I had noticed it before I placed my order....

What!? You had to PAY someone else to fix those shoes? I would be livid. At those price points they really should be more focused on client service. I am so sorry to hear that you had that experience but am glad that at least they could be fixed. I just wish you were'nt the one who had to bear the cost.

Kind of freaked out now. Wanted to get a pair of their Gilbert pumps and/or the Cosmic ones too. But realistically speaking, anyone can do a black pump, so looks like I'm going to get another brand. To the OP, hope everything got sorted out okay, and you're happy with it now! :smile:

You are right...anyone CAN do a black pump...but not everyone does it well. So, I have to be honest and say that the Anouk pump is a pretty good looking pump. But if I shell out $600 or more for a pump I want it to be more than good looking - I want it to be good quality leather amongst other things and I want it to be made by a company that is customer service oriented and stands behind it's product. Otherwise what's the point? The name Jimmy Choo means nothing to me if it's not synonymous with quality and has a reputation for providing subpar customer service.

Manolo Blahnik makes lovely pumps as does Louboutin. I've never purchased anything directly from these designers so I can't really say if their service is good or bad - but after my Choo experience I'll never buy direct from a designer...I'll go to Nordstroms, Neiman's or Saks to purchase designer products. Good luck finding a nice pump! I think I'm going to end up with Black suede Manolo's :biggrin:

You are right...anyone CAN do a black pump...but not everyone does it well. So, I have to be honest and say that the Anouk pump is a pretty good looking pump. But if I shell out $600 or more for a pump I want it to be more than good looking - I want it to be good quality leather amongst other things and I want it to be made by a company that is customer service oriented and stands behind it's product. Otherwise what's the point? The name Jimmy Choo means nothing to me if it's not synonymous with quality and has a reputation for providing subpar customer service.

Manolo Blahnik makes lovely pumps as does Louboutin. I've never purchased anything directly from these designers so I can't really say if their service is good or bad - but after my Choo experience I'll never buy direct from a designer...I'll go to Nordstroms, Neiman's or Saks to purchase designer products. Good luck finding a nice pump! I think I'm going to end up with Black suede Manolo's :biggrin:
Hahaha yeah, you're right I agree, it does take a bit more to make a good-looking pump. But I'm pretty in love with Louboutin's Pigalles, and Manolo Blahnik's BB pumps. Really though, you can't go wrong with a pair of them, and I've not heard the same stories as I'm hearing about Jimmy Choo.

Shame, I would've gone for the Choo's based on comfort, but what's the point if they're going to fall apart? I'll go for a lower heel of equally wow shoes, and be satisfied for longer. Hope you enjoy those black suede Manolo's! They have a beautiful silhouette :biggrin:

Hahaha yeah, you're right I agree, it does take a bit more to make a good-looking pump. But I'm pretty in love with Louboutin's Pigalles, and Manolo Blahnik's BB pumps. Really though, you can't go wrong with a pair of them, and I've not heard the same stories as I'm hearing about Jimmy Choo.

Shame, I would've gone for the Choo's based on comfort, but what's the point if they're going to fall apart? I'll go for a lower heel of equally wow shoes, and be satisfied for longer. Hope you enjoy those black suede Manolo's! They have a beautiful silhouette :biggrin:
I don't think you can judge the quality of a designers shoes based on one or two pairs. I have almost 30 pairs of Choos and have never had any issues. I might not buy that particular shoe tho ;)