Jewelry Storage - How do you store your jewelry?

[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Hi all:yahoo:, [/FONT]
[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]I am a newbie here, i know this forum is about jewelry box, and i have read some thread about it. so i collect some tips about how to store jewelry here, hope that help:okay:.[/FONT]

[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]If we want to keep our precious jewels safe and looking new by storing them properly. we should take these steps.
[/FONT]

[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Step One [/FONT]
[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Store jewelry in sturdy cases with soft, lined interiors to avoid impact against hard surfaces and scratching.[/FONT]

[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Step Two [/FONT]
[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Place jewelry in soft fabric pouches if no jewelry cases are available.

[/FONT] [FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Step Three[/FONT]
[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Store jewelry separately to avoid tangles and scratches.

[/FONT] [FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Step Four[/FONT]
[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Use tarnish-resistant cloth and cases to store silver.

[/FONT] [FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Step Five[/FONT]
[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Keep your jewelry boxes away from high heat and excessive moisture, which can damage some stones.

[/FONT] [FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Step Six[/FONT]
[FONT=AR PL ZenKai Uni, serif]Consider purchasing a jewelry box with a lock and key for extra security. [/FONT]

Besides , we should pay attentions to below tips & warnings
  • Examine your jewelry carefully, checking for loose settings, prongs and clasps.
  • Have jewelry professionally cleaned about once a year.
  • If you bring jewelry with you when you travel, carry it on your person rather than packing it in your suitcase.
  • Avoid exposing jewelry to perfume, perspiration and cosmetics, which can stain many stones.

I keep some things in my big jewelry box, but I make sure they don't touch each other so nothing gets scratched. My pearl earrings stay in their own little box for added protection and my diamond tennis bracelet stays in its own box too since it doesn't fit too well in the big jewelry box.

My important pieces are stored separately, in their own boxes. I have gold jewelry that I keep in my jewelry box. I had stored my sapphire ring with some diamond pieces and discovered a scratch on the sapphire. I can't be sure it happened by storing it with the diamonds, but I just won't take the chance anymore!

I'm curious as to what everyone's jewelry BOX or STORAGE looks like. I used to just keep it in a small pile on top of my dresser, but the more I've been buying, the more I realize that's a bad idea. Do you guys keep your watches in their original boxes, Tiffany in their original boxes, etc.? Do you keep all your jewelry in an armoire, or separate your earrings, watches, necklaces, into different boxes. No offense to those of you who store your stuff in a safe- but I'm not interested in those. Please post pics of how you store yours! SIAP (I can't search...no search function...gaaah!)

Keeping your jewelry stuffs like that isn't a good idea.You could really misplace them,or else you may damage them or else they may get stolen,at time you may not find them when you really need them. The best way to keep your jewelry organized is to keep them in separate boxes believe me the more you keep your safe the more it looks beautiful.Here is an image of a Jewelery Box.
bone-brass-jewelry-box.jpg
:yahoo:

I keep my expensive jewelry in a jewelry box that's pretty nicely organized. :yes: I keep my pearls in the jewelry pouch they came in. I was always told pearls are to be kept separate from other jewelry (metals, etc).

I keep all of my nice jewelry in its original boxes, my cheapo stuff is in random boxes and containers, and all of this is in a clear plastic storage box in my closet. I actually have a nice jewelry box, but it's not nearly big enough, so it's in the plastic box with everything else :shame:

I'm currently trying to figure out a better storage method...