Jewelry Storage - How do you store your jewelry?

No problem! Glad to be of help. Especially this time of year when home robberies are common during the holidays and its very important to secure your valuables when you're away from home. One more tip: A friend was robbed and said the burglars pulled out all the shoeboxes off her closet shelves and pulled all the paper out of the toes of the shoes, searching for jewelry hidden in the shoes. Obviously hiding jewelry in toes of shoes is not a good idea.

wow... these are some very dedicated thieves... :nogood:
I actually know a family who was doing yard work in the fall. A person came to ask for directions, while another mob of thieves went behind from the backdoor and robbed them right under their nose. He owned a lot of expensive watches and of course his wife's jewelry were all gone. Since this time, I've been more careful of my stuff. Again thank you for the tips. I'll keep them in mind.

Happy holidays everyone!

i have relatively little high end jewelry, so i keep everything in a small lv travel case. i carry it with me anytime we go on a trip, and it keeps everything in one place. im planning to buy a fireproof safe to have in the house for important documents and jewelry when we travel, but i dont know where to hide it!

wow... these are some very dedicated thieves... :nogood:
I actually know a family who was doing yard work in the fall. A person came to ask for directions, while another mob of thieves went behind from the backdoor and robbed them right under their nose. He owned a lot of expensive watches and of course his wife's jewelry were all gone. Since this time, I've been more careful of my stuff. Again thank you for the tips. I'll keep them in mind.

Happy holidays everyone!

This is similar to what happened to my aunt. A woman came to her door and said she was a neighbor from the street behind my aunts house and that her kitty had jumped over the fence and was in my aunt's back yard. My aunt took the woman into the back yard to look for the kitty and while she was back there an accomplice went into the house.

My aunt felt uncomfortable with the woman and sent the woman away quickly when the cat wasn't found though the woman tried to stall for time. The thieves were using some type of microphones or walkie talkies and the other thief ran out the front door when my aunt sent the woman off. My aunt noticed something was wrong right away because she had left some cash out on the table and it was gone, as well as a few pieces of jewelry she had left out on her dresser. Almost all of her jewelry was in the floor safe, so they didn't get the good stuff.

After this thread I'm thinking I need to invest in a safe. I don't have expensive things, but I love what I have, and would hate to lose the sentimental/cherished pieces.

I just got a safety deposit box at the bank, it was a pain talking 90% of my goodies there but I am tired of worrying about my stuff. Especially this time of year. I kept out what I am going to wear and back in the gun safe it went. I would feel a little better leaving it at home if insurance policies were not so low on Jewelry.

Recently I have acquired a lot of new pieces and I feel like finding a box that fits all of my hermes cdc bracelets is impossible. Any ideas on what kind of box I could use for them? Thanks

Silverware tray?
attachment.php

Attachments

• h_bracelets_tray.jpg
    h_bracelets_tray.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,602
I usually keep on the top of my dresser all the accesories and little knick knacks...and All my jewelry is living in this drawer:smile: thank you for letting me share:smile:

Attachments

• 20140311_205005.jpg
    20140311_205005.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,287
  • 20140311_204906-1.jpg
    20140311_204906-1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,287
I have a gun save box installed in my wall behind a secret door. Some of the very expensive pieces like my wedding diamond tiara and others are in my safe box at the bank.

My aunt also as a safe box but its tiny and not heavy, about 30 pounds or so. So she carries from one room to another to hide it. It cracks me out all the time! :biggrin:

I thought it would be fun if we shared what we put our jewelry in, whether a simple box, draped on the table, a vintage case you found in Italy one day.. or maybe a family heirloom?

I label the boxes and throw them into a duffle bag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,091