Jewelry for a cause

Pippi

my stockings are short
Mar 26, 2006
Hi everyone!

Every year there is a benefit/auction for Camp Rainbow Gold, a camp here in Idaho for kids with cancer, which is a part of the Make A Wish Foundation, and I always donate jewelry for the auction. This year, I have donated a coiled wire necklace and matching bracelet. They turned out so beautifully that I had to share them with all of you. They are attached below.

Thanks for looking!
Pippi

Attachments

• MakeAWish4scaled.jpg
    MakeAWish4scaled.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 49
  • MakeAWish2scaled.jpg
    MakeAWish2scaled.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 48
I love that they do this, and I'm glad to be able to help.

Here's a little blurb about the camp:

Camp Rainbow Gold is a camp for children who have been, or are being treated for cancer. Run by the American Cancer Society, it's located near Ketchum, Idaho, beneath the Boulder mountains. For 5 days, 60 children can run, play, laugh and swim with other children like themselves. The program is free of charge, and all the counselors, doctors and nurses donate their time.

i :heart: make a wish foundation. i think they're awesome!

and it's such a wonderful thing you're doing pippi!

I :heart: make a wish foundation, too! And this camp is awesome! So cool that it is free and that these kids can spend time just being kids and having fun! (It is in one of the most beautiful places, too! I feel so lucky to live here!)

I have been so blessed in my life, and I feel I need to share my good fortune with others, however I can.

Here is a link to some feedback from the camp counselors, nurses, directors, etc - many of whom are cancer survivors, too. Inspirational!

Outdoor Idaho - Camp Rainbow Gold