Jessica Simpson Plans To Adopt

1. Jessica Simpson plans to adopt a child from a Mexican orphanage she has been visiting since she was a teenager.
    The actress/singer made regular trips to the Casa Hogar Elim orphanage with her minister father Joe, and has been dreaming of adopting for 11 years.
    The 27-year-old tells Self magazine, "My father was a minister, so growing up we'd go on a missionary trip every summer. The first time I went to that orphanage I was 16. I remember holding this baby who was found in a dumpster. I wanted to adopt him right then and there. I was like, 'Dad can I have him for my birthday, please?'"
    "I want to adopt before I actually have my own kids."

2. aw. that’s good!
  3. that ir very nice of her..
  4. she has mentioned adoption before and I hate to be skeptical but I really dont see her adopting anytime soon. I remember this issue coming up on the Newlyweds and Nick disagreed with her idea of adopting kids before having your own. So she has always wanted to adopt - whether or not she will - who knows.
  5. Wow, if this is for real, good for her! hopefully she'll do it right and non-drama unlike the whole Madonna-David Banda thang.

One of my brothers is adopted. I love him. He's my bro in every way. It's a beautiful thing to do!!!
  6. I can't see her with children!
  7. Interesting...
  8. I hope if she adopts, it's for the RIGHT reason. Seems like it's the "in" thing for celebs to do, but what people really see is that $$ can pretty much buy ANYTHING....
  9. I just hope for the baby's sake that she is sincerely wanting a child and not just jumping on the latest celebrity trend to garner attention.
  10. Good for her!! I think she will be an excellent mother.
  11. That's cool...I don't think she is as dumb as she used to put on...I think she was doing that for comedy on her show....I say good for her, but being a mom isn't just something you 'feel like trying,' it's a lifetime job...that never has vacations or sick days. You can't just get tired of it.
  12. Good for her.
  13. Finally, someone who sees through all the crap. I KNOW she is not dumb. I don't know how every suddenly forgot that she was very assertive and articulate when she first came onto the scene. She just put on the dumb bimbo act to get attention because it suited her newly created bimbo 'image'.
  14. Of course she is! I guess no album coming out or films? So lets just say we are adopting because not much else happening and it's in fashion like handbag puppies. Please do not let this one adopt an innocent child. Now I could see her daddy adopting since both of his own daughters have hit their pique and he needs another to pimp. :dots:
  15. She seems young still, but good for her if that is what she is going to do!