Jerry Stiller and wife Anne Meara

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
I say, good for them!

They both were hilarious in Zoolander. (He played Ben Stiller's agent, Anne Meara played a protestor at the beginning of the movie.)

I also loved Jerry in Seinfeld and The King of Queens.

They really deserve this.

160_ap_stiller_070210.jpg

Stiller, Meara receive Hollywood star

Updated Sat. Feb. 10 2007 9:05 AM ET
Associated Press
LOS ANGELES -- Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara, his wife of more than 50 years, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday for their respective careers.

Their children -- actors Ben Stiller and Amy Stiller -- and actor Jason Alexander joined the couple as they were presented with the 2,328th star.

Stiller portrayed the father Alexander's character, George Costanza, on the long-running NBC comedy "Seinfeld." He plays a cantankerous father-in-law on CBS' "The King of Queens."

Meara has been nominated four times for an Emmy, including for outstanding lead actress for a drama for her title role in the short-lived 1975 CBS legal drama "Kate McShane."

Stiller and Meara were members of the improvisational company The Compass Players, then started an act which led to 36 appearances on "The Ed Sullivan Show" and countless nightclub and theater appearances.

Stiller and Meara were the fourth married couple to receive a joint star on the Walk of Fame, after Sonny and Cher, television's Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, and radio's Fibber McGee and Molly (Jim and Marian Jordan), according to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which oversees the Walk of Fame.

I remember an episode of The King of Queens where Arthur despised Halloween for some reason. (We find out why during the show).

Anyway, he found that Doug bought a bag of mini candy bars and stuck a paper skeleton on the front door.

Arthur freaks out, grabs the skeleton and the candy bars, screams, "It's forbidden!" and throws them out into the front yard.