Jenna Elfman Defends Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes's Marriage

1. Tom Cruise's friend and fellow Scientologist Jenna Elfman is shooting down reports that the actor's five-month marriage to Katie Holmes is unstable.

"Honestly, they're happy," Elfman, 35, told PEOPLE at Thursday's Healthy Child Healthy World benefit in Santa Monica.

"They have a great life and they love each other. For some reason, the media cannot experience that. They must put in things other than the simplicity of it."

Several recent tabloid stories have alleged that Holmes has been living in a "prison-like" environment and that Cruise has pushed her to adopt his spiritual beliefs.

Elfman, who attended the couple's lavish wedding in Italy in November, tells PEOPLE the stories could not be further from the truth: "It's totally irrelevant, because it's so absolutely not that."

Elfman added, "It's hard to give a detailed explanation on something that's simple. Honestly, do any of you have a great boyfriend or girlfriend? It's not a big deal, right? You have fun hanging out, and you like talking and sharing your ideas. It's exciting. That's their relationship."

The Cruise family has been spending time in Louisiana lately while Holmes films the comedy Mad Money with Queen Latifah and Diane Keaton. Last week, they threw a first birthday party for daughter Suri at their Los Angeles home.

Elfman is herself seven months pregnant with her first child with husband Bodhi, 37, and tells PEOPLE she's hoping the give birth naturally. "Bodies have been giving birth for a really long time," she said. "I want to know what it's like to go through that process. I'm just going to be as focused and patient as I can be."

Jenna.jpg
  2. Well... I happen to agree with this and I think that the magazines have latched onto this alien baby crap and have rolled with it. Its rediculous.

3. Ihave said this for so long, and totally 100% agree with Elfman. Why the tabloids can't understand their marrige and make up such ridiculous stories is beyond me.
    I think they are such a fabulous couple, who are madly in love, and wish them all the happiness!
    xxxRosexxx

4. It really is sad that they can't leave them alone just a bit to try and enjoy their newlywed lives. I wish them the best!

5. Jenna Elfman also said there's no such thing as AIDS, so really I don't trust her opinion on anything.

6. I completely agree with what she says about the media being out of line when it comes to Tom and Katie.....BUT she did say, "AIDS is a state of mind, not a disease" which leads me to question anything she says now.

7. WOAH!!!! alright maybe I'm completely wrong and they're all wacky!!! Is this because of Scientology?? kinda like the Tom and Brooke thing? *ugh*

8. Yep, it's a Scientology thing. Apparently if you take vitamins when you have AIDS, you'll feel all better.

Same with autism. Scientologist don't believe autism exists, which is why you never see John Travolta's son Jett anywhere. He's austic, and his parents can't admit to it because that would make him a "degraded being."

It's sick sick sick sick.

9. What? that's disgusting. So what happens then, they will not help, or get help for their son because they don't want to admit it? or they don't bring him around because they are ashamed of him? How could anybody believe in something so utterly rediculous?! Idiots.

10. They say he has Kawasaki Syndrome, which is something you get from environmental toxins. If you google his name, a bunch of results come up for it that explain it better than I can.

It's a damn shame the kid isn't getting the help he should be getting in addition to receiving treatment for something that he doesn't actually have.

11. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

12. Tom and Katie are idiots but this Elfmann woman is worse!
    Where there´s smoke, there´s fire.

13. Jenna may be crazy for her other opinions, but on the Tom Cruise thing I think tabloids are being over the top a/b their relationship, especially about the baby being an alien and Kate only pretending to be pregnant. I, for one, think Suri is definitely theirs (totally looks like Tom) and that they are in love. Why can't ppl be happy for them?

14. I think Jenna is doing some "Scientology" damage limitation PR!