Jealous

IntlSet said:
Then I guess we should try to post coherent and clear messages without passive-aggressive ambiguity. But if you're refering to a thread I participated in, I definitely didn't misinterpret anything. :idea:

Yes, it was! It was actually someone misinterpreting what you had posted and you were just clearly making a joke. Thank goodness for the smilies, I feel that it helps sometimes when I insert them :lol:

pursegalsf said:
Yes, it was! It was actually someone misinterpreting what you had posted and you were just clearly making a joke. Thank goodness for the smilies, I feel that it helps sometimes when I insert them :lol:

Smilies are like the most eloquent thing you can do, man! :smile: <--- my favorite!!

Well, I don't own any designer bags (my speedy 30 is not yet in my hands, so I don't own it yet ;)), and I freely admit to being overwhelmingly jealous of a lot of people's collections here. But I think, rather than make me bitter and defensive, it gives me something to aspire to. And before anyone misinterprets, the 'bitter and defensive' was not said with anyone in mind. ;).

english_girl_900 said:
Well, I don't own any designer bags (my speedy 30 is not yet in my hands, so I don't own it yet ;)), and I freely admit to being overwhelmingly jealous of a lot of people's collections here. But I think, rather than make me bitter and defensive, it gives me something to aspire to. And before anyone misinterprets, the 'bitter and defensive' was not said with anyone in mind. ;).

Congratz on the speedy 30. I :love: the speedy. You'll :love: it, too. hehe It's ok to be jealous, but I don;t see why. I feel jealous of like brats or jerks, but everyone here is cool.

I agree 100% with what Irissy said...you have to realize with a bulletin board, is things get misconstrued. You are not hearing the person. You are not seeing their face. So a lot is read into what a person types that might not be there.

Some people are more abrupt than others. It doesnt necessarily mean they are being snobby or mean...that's their way. So take it with a box of salt and move on!

I haven't noticed it at all but that's may be just me being insensitive:biggrin: I think we are a lovely community united through our true love towards bags (I mean all bags as well the non-brad bags). I'm grateful that there is a place out there where I can be frank about my addiction without getting the "look":nuts: . I actually wouldn't have discovered my true love (my paddy) without joining pb because I didn't know anything about it and in the beginning I thought:OMG what an ugly bag but it has grown on me, thanks to the show case and all paddy fans. So that ae just my 2 cents(I love that expression, another thing what I like here I improve my English). So take care girls because I really like you a lot every one of you!:love: :love:

As much as I post here :shame: I haven't noticed too much of that. I think we're all here to discuss one thing - our love of bags, no matter what designer, no matter how expensive. One of the things I like about this forum is that everyone gets along. There doesn't seem to be any competition, any certain "clique", which has happened a lot in other forums I've been a member of. When there is a dispute or tiff, it almost always seems to be worked out in a mature way, and things get back to normal quickly.

I would hope that no one here is jealous of anyone else's collection. They're just bags! There are other things in life (though it may seem hard to believe :lol: ) which are more important than how many bags you have what brand they are.

No, I haven't noticed that. But I tend not to look for drama. ;) I've been part of other online communities where misunderstandings occur because of how someone has phrased something when it turns out that wasn't their intention at all, so I've learned to read other peoples' comments generously and not assume the worst unless it becomes very clear that they're being snarky.

I've noticed it from a few people, subtly of course. And i think that, to a certain extent, it's understandable. A lot of the people here are major league bag-buyers and then some people want to be, but can only afford coach, etc. which is COMPLETELY understandable. some people are cool with it because they've been here a long time and understand that we're not trying to look down on anyone when we say we don't like a certain brand, etc. but i think it would be easy for new people, particularly new people that think coach or DB is the end-all, be-all of stylish bags (as i think a lot of us did at one point) to get a little offended.

just my $.02. i usually try to ignore or diffuse the hostility when i see it.

I have not noticed this "jealousy" either. The only problem I have with Coach is that, being from the Midwest, it is everywhere! I saw someone wearing a Botkier the other day and was surprised. I come here because people post actual photos of themselves carrying whatever bag, and I can tell if I would like something similar. I like the reviews too, when people say what they like or dislike about the bag. Another good thing about the forum is that you can ask questions about retailers or get tips about sales. Oklahoma, where I live, is not a shopping Mecca, so I appreciate that. Here is a smiley for all of you: :biggrin: