jcrew coat

1. What does everyone think of this coat? I got it in black for my birthday. I have just started a full time job, and this will be my first everyday work coat. Is it too trendy? Possibly not warm enough since it doesn't button all the way down? (Though I will not be outside very long, just walking into my building!) I think its a nice alternative to a peacoat, but it's just very expensive...

(I've included the purple picture also just because I think it's easier to see the style)

2. It's cute!! I think it's perfect for a business environment and not to trendy at all. Knowing jcrew, that jacket is probably lined so don't worry about it not keeping you warm, especially since you're only walking to and from your building.

Happy birthday btw :smile:
  3. Very cute coat. I have a few Jcrew coats, in terms of warmth they aren't too bad but I guess it depends on how cold it gets in the area you live in.
  4. It is anything but trendy. it's simple and classic. Perfect for what you need, it seems.
  5. I love it! It's perfect, and classic.
  6. I think that's a perfect everyday coat! It has a really nice silouhette.
  7. I love it!
  8. My only reservation would be do you wear a lot of skirts? When I first started working I made the mistake of buying a hiplength peacoat when I almost never wear dresspants. My poor legs froze all winter.

The coat is adorable, though, and looks very polished.
  9. I love that coat , I have 5 J Crew coats and I was looking at getting this one to replace my pea coat , I love the purple color
  10. I have that coat, in black too! I love it and it's not too trendy at all. It's very classic and, IMO, goes with everything. I can't wait to wear it when it gets a bit colder here.
  11. it's a great coat, you'll definately enjoy it.
  12. It's cute.
  13. I love the purple jacket! I went on jcrew.com to find it but I can't find it anywhere. Did you get it online?
  14. so cute! great silhoutte, definitely keep it!
  15. rachel - my mom got it in stores two weeks ago. when she asked about it, though, they said that the coat is basically sold out everywhere. i think black was the only color they had a few left of in stores. green is totally gone, as is purple, according to them. it's called the "ava". here's a "sold out" link on the jcrew site: http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod85786291&catId=cat220169
    i got the pictures by doing a search, they are from a random website.

and thanks for the nice comments everyone!