JapanLA Party -June 2

ahhh u cali girls are so lucky. How come we never do cool stuff like that in NY? Ask Jamie if she wants to branch out and make a JapanNY store .. lol. That way it could be my one-stop shop for toki stuff plus partiessss!

yeah but you guys have all the outlets! we dont. boohoo... then you have that filene's store where they have all those foresta treninos.. and i can't get one cause they don't charge send! lol...

Email from Jaime..
FYI...
---------------
Hi Guys,

JapanLA is having it's 1 Year Anniversary Party on Saturday, June 2nd, at Cinespace in Hollywood. It's going to be really fun. I hope you guys can make it.

We have the flyer made, and it should be on our website tonight...but you can check it out on our myspace at www.myspace.com/japanla, It's on the front page of our myspace.

Here is what is going on:

Doors open at 7pm for the JapanLA party.

The first 100 people get free giftbags...There will be different stuff from different brands we carry. tokidoki is giving us 25 necklaces, Spicy Brown is giving us 25 wallets and cosmetic cases, Crowded Teeth is giving us 25 necklaces...and other companies are throwing stuff in...Sanrio, Gama-Go, Friends With You, Buff Monster, Hookups...really cute stuff!

There is so much fun stuff to do at this party.
From 7-10pm-ish you can take pictures with Hello Kitty. We will have a really cool background set up for you.

We will also have a face painter from 8pm-12am. She can paint Hello Kitty and tokidoki and whoever you like on your face and arms.

There will be 2 movies playing starting at 8pm.
One will be played throughout the lounge with subtitles. So, there won't be sound in the lounge for that, but they'll play music...It is a really cool Japanese movie called Survive Style 5...You can hang out and drink and order appetizers there.

In the main, back part of Cinespace, they have a movie theatre back there, and you can order dinner and drinks. It seats about 100-120 people. The movie that night is "The Fountain." If you want to guarantee you get into the party, I would suggest rsvping for the dinner and a movie to watch the Fountain at 8pm. So, you can show up at 7pm, hang out, and watch a movie, order dinner, and then party at 10pm. The movie is free, you just have to order dinner, and it starts at about $10 for food there, and they serve really good food. If you want to rsvp to watch that movie, call Cinespace directly at: (323) 817-FILM

Then around 9:30-10pm, that back movie theatre lets out, and that section is open for more party goers, and turns into a pretty big dance floor. The club holds about 500 people. So, around 10pm, they'll start letting more people in if it's too packed.

Cosplay.com is running a cosplay contest during the party. If you don't know what cosplay is, go to www.cosplay.com. It's when you dress like your favorite anime, video game, gothic lolita character. The Cosplay judging is from 10pm-11pm in the VIP room, which is in the main back room. You do not have to dress up to come to the party...You can still make friends and take pictures with people wearing really cool costumes.

Rony's Photobooth will set up his photobooth at 10pm, and he can take polaroids of you guys. He takes really great pictures.

At 10pm, Rony's Photobooth will set up his photobooth on the patio, and he'll be taking polaroids.

It is free to get in if you rsvp at [email protected]

Here's the address for the club:

Cinespace
6356 Hollywood Blvd.
2nd Level
Hollywood, CA 90028
Call them to rsvp for "The Fountain" and dinner at (323) 817-FILM

Parking is really hard to find around Hollywood, but sometimes you can get lucky and park at a meter, but you'll probably have to valet. Valet parking is $8
available on Cosmo St. (Between Cahuenga & Ivar street) There is also self parking lots and street parking on Cahuenga, Ivar and Vine Street, and yes they all charge money...Oh well, at least the party's free.

JapanLA is located at:
648 N. Fuller AVe.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 934 5201
Email: [email protected]

Hope to see you there...don't forget to rsvp.

xoxo,

Jamie

Wow, lots to tell. I went to the party last night and OMG it was so fun! The whole time i was there, i was wishing everyone here could be there. I'll post pix tonight and link it to an album to share.

When i got there, we stood in line early so we can be sure to get those goody bags! They were going to hand out bags at 7pm to the first 100 people. I'd say we were in line between 5:30-6pm. And we were probably #17 or so in line. Time went be really fast because all the people in line were all tokidoki fans. Everyone talked toki and we took pix of people dressed up for the cosplay contest.

Now and then a tour bus would stop at the light and the people on there were prolly wondering what the heck is going on and why are they all wearing those bags.. haha.. not to mention they loved seeing those in costumes!

It was really cool to see girls in line sportin their toki bags. ALot of them wore the older styles.. Original prints, alot of playground, foresta, CR..etc.. They had on their jewelry, hoodies, you name it, they wore it.
Alot of guys that were fans wore their Tees, watches, and necklaces.. very cool.

In line I made friends with alot of ladies. I didn't catch some of their names, but it was fun knowing we all had the same :heart: and addiction for tokis! I asked them if any of them go on TPF hoping i get to meet someone irl! lol To my surprise, only 2! One was a lurker, and the other says she does post, but not a whole lot. Dang, she told me her TPF name but I forgot it. She gave me her email so I'll ask her again. Her and her friend were a ton of fun. We ended up having dinner next to them and hanging out taking bunch of pix later on in the evening!

During dinner, we opened up our gift bags. I was so hoping to get a tokidoki necklace since I didn't own any jewelry yet. YAY, my DH got a toki necklace in his bag! It was the pink skull/crossbone! Then in my bag, I got one too! It was the red chili pepper! We scored two pieces of jewelry! :yahoo:
(good thing i didn't buy one at Japanla earlier when we were there)

It was fun taking pictures with Hello Kitty and Gloomy Bear! Poor guy in the gloomy costume was soo hot in that thing. I approached him to take a pic with him, but instead, he handed me the gloomy head and said i can wear it! HAHA!! So yes I did! Sucker was heavy!

They had face painting so alot of us got toki characters painted on. I got Fantasimo painted on my arm. Afterwards, this guy came up to me and asked me, "so who is this character?" I pulled up my Inferno Zucca and pointed to it. I told him, it's fantasimo! THen he says, 'hmm no, i think that's adios..' then i looked.. and i said, 'well.. noooo it's not its fantasimo!' then he says..'no, it's adios!' LMAO! I just looked at him with a blank stare and said..'you sure??'. Next thing he says is, "oh btw, my name is Ivan, I'm the President of Tokidoki!" LMAO!! I nearly died.. haha.. Dangit.. he was playin me. We talked for a bit, took pix, and i introduced him to my DH. He was super nice! He said to stick around cause Simone would be here soon. It was almost 10pm at that point.

Later on, Simone came in. Luckily i was right at the entrance way where we saw him come up the stairs. We had to leave, so i took the opportunity to approach him then, since I knew he'd get bombarded with other people waiting for him too. In one of his emails he replied to me and he had said to introduce myself to him at Comic-Con as 'aileen that signs her name with the bunny'. Well that's what i did. Immediately he knew and he was, OHHHH YESSS HI finally get to meet you!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR EMAILS! lol.. he was very friendly like everyone says. He turned to my DH and introduced himself to him too. Even tho I wanted him to sign a bag, i didn't ask because i knew he
needed to go to his many awaiting fans! Maybe he did end up signing, but we left right after that. I just got a picture with him and that was enough for me!

I asked Jaime if they're going to have another one next year. She said, most likely!! She did tell me they're thinking about having a Halloween party. But that's up in the air. =)

If they do have another party next year, i hope everyone can try to go! I say fly in friday night, get a hotel, go shopping down Melrose etc.. then go home the next day!

ok, i'll try to get the pix up later.. i guess photobucket.. if that's the fastest. Sorry this post was so long!

u know how many girls i thought were you last night! HAHA.. but i knew it wasn't you, but they were dressed up so colorful i wanted to go up to them and say STEFF!! haha