J12 Owners! I have some questions!

I don't think you can be too old for this watch. It's classic! Keep it!!

That's good to know! When I was buying the watch a man was there buying one for his ex-wife and said he bought his girlfriend one too, who was 10 years younger than his ex. I was hoping to be his new girlfriend for 5 minutes while he bought me one too, but it didn't work out that way. :shame:

That's good to know. The SA told me if one of he links were to break, I could always replace it, but it wouldn't be covered under the Chanel warranty.

Are you buying it from a boutique? Or NM or somewhere else? Sorry if you already mentioned it.

In any case, my SA @ the Chanel Fine Jewelry boutique told me that if something were to happen like that they would take care of me. So i think it differs from place to place or something. Find somewhere who is willing to take care of you!

I had to :roflmfao: @ what the Dior SA said about breaking. She/he probably just wanted you to buy that Cristal watch or w/e, that was supposed to compete but never really took off the way they thought it would lol. It is definitely super strong material.

My SA told me a story about a woman who dropped hers out of a window on the 10th floor of a building. The band was fine, but the tungston carbite (not sure how to spell, referring to that silver part around the bezel) was scratched and I believe the bezel cracked, but the band itself was fine and they were able to replace her bezel which made her watch good as new again after some slight tuning to the movement.

Bottom line: j12s are strong! I stand by them til the end :yahoo: lol okay now I'm just getting silly, but still!

I don't own this watch but if I had the money to purchase it or received it as a gift I would gladly accept! It's a gorgeous piece, especially with the diamond markers or diamond bezel. And white is really TDF! My opinion is that the ceramic, being chunky, is a more feminine look in white than black, so you can't go wrong.

When I first bought my watch (a few months ago), they had to remove quite a few links since I have such small writsts. I was shopping in Napa, sorting frantic through a clothes rack at Banana Republic and my J12 went flying off my wrist. Flying, fell and skidded across the cement floor and not a scratch. That sold me on the durability of this watch. I lost a pin from the link but NM fixed the watch & it has been fine ever since. Looks as gorgeous as the day I bought it.

OHHhhh..why are you doin this to me??? I got my mind set on the Cartier roadster, now I'm confused.....Do I want a Chanel J12 instead:wtf:???

P.S. Anyone knows the RRP for CHANEL J12 in OZ???

Are you buying it from a boutique? Or NM or somewhere else? Sorry if you already mentioned it.

In any case, my SA @ the Chanel Fine Jewelry boutique told me that if something were to happen like that they would take care of me. So i think it differs from place to place or something. Find somewhere who is willing to take care of you!

I had to :roflmfao: @ what the Dior SA said about breaking. She/he probably just wanted you to buy that Cristal watch or w/e, that was supposed to compete but never really took off the way they thought it would lol. It is definitely super strong material.

My SA told me a story about a woman who dropped hers out of a window on the 10th floor of a building. The band was fine, but the tungston carbite (not sure how to spell, referring to that silver part around the bezel) was scratched and I believe the bezel cracked, but the band itself was fine and they were able to replace her bezel which made her watch good as new again after some slight tuning to the movement.

Bottom line: j12s are strong! I stand by them til the end :yahoo: lol okay now I'm just getting silly, but still!
The NM in Boston didn't have the J12 so I went to the boutique on Newbury street, but the SA was such a B**** I decided not to buy the watch. So I was walking through the mall, getting ready to get on the T when I passed a jewelry store with the J12 displayed in the window.:shocked: Trust me, by that time, I already had enough Chanel loot to last me a while :Push: but the J12 was calling my name, so I bought it there. They are an authorized Chanel dealer and actually, you can negotiate at a jewelry store more so than a Chanel boutique or NM. The SA told me I could have it repaired at any Chanel dealer, if I needed it.

Wow, a 10 story building?!? That's a crazy story!! I am glad it had a happy ending.

And your comment about the Dior SA I was thinking the same thing. :yes:

I don't own this watch but if I had the money to purchase it or received it as a gift I would gladly accept! It's a gorgeous piece, especially with the diamond markers or diamond bezel. And white is really TDF! My opinion is that the ceramic, being chunky, is a more feminine look in white than black, so you can't go wrong.

I agree. the diamond bezel was TDF!!! I really love that one, but couldn't justify the extra $4K for it. If I didn't already own a nice watch, I would have probably went for that one though.

When I first bought my watch (a few months ago), they had to remove quite a few links since I have such small writsts. I was shopping in Napa, sorting frantic through a clothes rack at Banana Republic and my J12 went flying off my wrist. Flying, fell and skidded across the cement floor and not a scratch. That sold me on the durability of this watch. I lost a pin from the link but NM fixed the watch & it has been fine ever since. Looks as gorgeous as the day I bought it.

How many links did they have to take out? They had to take out two on mine. I like my watches on the snug side, so I may have to take out one more.

You must live near my side of the world. I am about an hour from Napa, but never really get there enough. This time a year is especially pretty!

And glad your watch was okay!!!

OHHhhh..why are you doin this to me??? I got my mind set on the Cartier roadster, now I'm confused.....Do I want a Chanel J12 instead:wtf:???

P.S. Anyone knows the RRP for CHANEL J12 in OZ???

Just get both!!!! You know you will!!! I thought my nice watch would be enough for me, but I am already bored, so I figured the Chanel would spice it up a bit!

No age limit on this baby! I am early 30's and I never gave age a thought.

In my early thirties I never gave age much of a thought, but for some reason a few years later, I think about those things more, even though everyone thinks I am in my late twenties. I just don't feel late twenties anymore though. :shame:

Just get both!!!! You know you will!!! I thought my nice watch would be enough for me, but I am already bored, so I figured the Chanel would spice it up a bit!
I probably will:P,not now though. I don't own any NICE watch, I want a more classy one to start with. Then maybe a more trendy one like the J12 when i've got that extra $$:graucho:.