J. Crew Obsessing

i am definitely obsessed with j.crew, and have been for a long time - my wardrobe consists of A LOT of j.crew. i am in love with their sweater coats/jackets this season.

i am a tad disappointed with the quality of some of the sweaters - they pile so easily, especially the summer-weight ones...but overall quality for suiting is great. i just bought a miniskirt and i LOVE it!

ooooo.. queenvictoria2- post a pic of that violet coat!

Some of the cashmere colors pill more than others I've noticed. I think the qualty is fair for the price. I have a Hayden cashmere sweater from Bluefly which pills less, but I don't like the styling as much. I usually wait for sales on the cashmere since I have such an addiction.

I have a Lady Day Coat in sea salt....always worried about it getting dirty, but it is a stunner. Now I want the Emily coat in black....basic yes, boring, no....such a beautiful cut and line to it.:smile:

Yes! I love Jcrew especially their cardigans! Over the summer, I stocked up on a bunch of dress shirts during their big sale as well as some of their dresses! It feels like 90% of the time all their items go on sale at one point or another. I am usually patient and wait for the price to drop. Then it is charge!! :biggrin:

I have the lady day coat from 06 in Azela , it is the prettiest bright pink color , I always get complements when I wear it , I also have the Plaza Coat is Sea Salt and Black and a Black Pea Coat
I think I need another coat :graucho::yes:, I live in MI it is cold for 5 months

I haven't been to J Crew in ages but I was thinking about going soon and looking for a coat. Glad to hear a lot of people like them. I never really thought about shopping there but it seems they have a lot of petites so I'm going to check it out.

THe funny thing is both of my daughters and I are obsessed with J Crew...I like the suiting and cashmeres, 12 year old loves the hoodies and wellies and the older child loves the tissue tees and coats. J Crew is looking better and better and I am sure it is because the famous retail exec Mickey Drexler is now running the company...he was the original Ann Taylor guy when AT was great (many years ago) and then he reinvented the Gap (again, when they were great, not now). He is just a mastermind in the industry and hires the best designers and merchants. There is an outlet at Woodbury commons and lots of ebayers sell J Crew merchandise too. Quality is far superior to Banana which I think is looking really missy and horrible lately.

i need some sweaters.. i'll have to stop by! does the student discount thing really work?? (i still use my graduate school id at the movies!)

yes it definitely does work! just not at the outlets (i have tried :graucho:) i use my student ID even though i've been out of college for a year now (it helps that i look to be about 18 or 19) and they never question it, even though i'm not even in the same state as my college was! i bought a jacket for $150 and saved $15!

Has anyone tried the J Crew trouser jeans that are available online? I went to all the J Crew stores in my area last weekend, and none of them had them in stock, so I ordered them online. Just wondering if anyone else has them.

Also, a shout out to J Crew customer service...I placed that online order yesterday afternoon and today a customer svc. rep left me a voice mail to let me know that they were on backorder. I have never had a store actually call me to tell me about an order status...they usually just email or pop a postcard in the mail.....so that's pretty cool.