Ivy's Story: Rescued and working on a happy ending

1. [​IMG]

This is from the rescue where we adopted the two shelties in my avatar. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them. Little Ivy's story reminds me of Sam, although unfortunately Sam had been neglected too long beyond repair. I wanted to share this with you so you will know the great things rescues do for animals in need. Read below from their homepage (www.mysheltie.com), or visit Ivy's own special page: http://mysheltie.com/contents/ivy.html

[​IMG]

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]"Ivy" is one of our new Shelties into rescue. She is a 6 year old 13 pound little blue merle female. She was rescued recently from a puppymill by an all breed rescue group. She has spent all of her life up until now having puppies. It was very evident that her health was of little concern to the puppymill owner(s); they were only concerned with the money she was making them. She had a massive infection in her mouth due to rotten teeth. The vet had to pull 13 teeth when her dental cleaning was done. The infection was so severe that she also had a heavy nasal discharge. That is clearing up nicely. She also had a mammory tumor that was removed when she was spayed. If that wasn't enough, she also suffers from dry eye. Who knows how many years her eyes needed medical attention and got none? She is now on much needed daily eye medication, and she will need daily eye drops for the rest of her life. Her eyes already look much better, and I'm sure they feel much better! Due to her condition, her medical expenses are much higher than normal. Will you make a donation to help Miss Ivy?

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]She will be looking for a special home soon - one that will treat her like a princess![/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]"

[​IMG]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

2. Oh, she is just beautiful TTucker!!

I had a sheltie many years ago, a retired show dog who developed epilepsy. They didn't tell me he had seizures but I'm glad at least he was out of the show circuit... he was kept in a small crate all the time to keep his coat in top condition, but his mind was a little off, you know? I had him for five years before one seizure finally did it.

I do hope Ivy gets a good home soon! Puppy mills tick me off something awful, and I wish they'd just shut them all down!! Maybe when people learn... oh, well! I know people like you do your best to teach people about pet shops and puppy mills! Never give up!

She's so cute! I'm thinking my next dog may have to be a sheltie, I remember how wonderful Noel was. Thank you for sharing her story!

3. ^^ Thanks Speedy! I must have messed up the link the first time :push:

Shelties are very special IMO.... they are such loving and smart dogs. Yours sounds a lot like my Picasso-- he has seizures some too (not that severe, though) and was kept in a crate all the time in one home.

It breaks my heart that people could treat a living creature like an [SIZE=-1]inanimate object. I just will never be able to understand. I am so glad Ivy's getting a second chance :tender:
    [/SIZE]

4. :crybaby: poor baby. She deserves to be treated like a princess.

5. :wlae: Glad you gave Ivy a second chance... she's beautiful!!

6. She looks so sad right now. I hope she finds her forever home and the family does treat her like a princess. She deserves it after everything she's been thru.

Bless you, Christina, for all you give to these precious animals.

7. All the best for Ivy..she's in good hands now.