ivory/light taupe suede boots - impractical?

1. I just ordered these Nine West boots, and now I'm wondering how practical they will be. I love all the ivory/cream/light-colored boots out this fall, and I can already think of half a dozen outfits they will go with, but gosh, I hope they don't get dirty right away!

Since it's safe for naked vachetta...I wonder if you can use Shining Monkey on suede. Anyone know? Or is there something better?
  2. i can't say if they are pratical, because i don't own beige(or light)suede boots, but doubtless they are gorgeous!
  3. I love the look of suede, especially the lighter colors but honestly, I wouldn't own a pair because they pick up dirt like a magnet. I would dearly love to have a cream colored suede jacket, but it always goes back to maintenance with me.

I will NEVER understand why leather manufacturers can't come up with some sort of way to "scotchgard" suede and lighter colors of leather. :push:
  4. ^ I agree. :yes:

They're gorgeous and I love suede, but they will inevitably get grubby quickly, unfortunately. :sad:
  5. they are gorgeous- who cares if they are practical ;)
    of course you look after the weather but it's possible to keep them in shape
  6. I would love a pair of these Steve Madden boots, but I have refrained for the same reason. I could only wear them inside in Seattle.

7. ^^^:roflmfao: ^^^

How true!:lol:
  8. I answered my own question!

My boots arrived the other day, and I loved them so much I didn't want to take them off - I couldn't bear to send them back. I did a little research and the Shining Monkey website said it's safe for suede...so I took a deep breath and tried it on my brandy-new boots. I am pleased to say that, as with vachetta, it darkened the leather very slightly -- but only for a few seconds. Once it was dry, they looked just like I'd never sprayed them!

I don't know how well it will work to repel stains over the long term, but it was definitely worth a try. Now, if it would only stop raining so I can wear them...