ivory/light taupe suede boots - impractical?

1. I just ordered these Nine West boots, and now I'm wondering how practical they will be. I love all the ivory/cream/light-colored boots out this fall, and I can already think of half a dozen outfits they will go with, but gosh, I hope they don't get dirty right away!

Since it's safe for naked vachetta...I wonder if you can use Shining Monkey on suede. Anyone know? Or is there something better?

quial.jpg
  2. i can't say if they are pratical, because i don't own beige(or light)suede boots, but doubtless they are gorgeous!

3. I love the look of suede, especially the lighter colors but honestly, I wouldn't own a pair because they pick up dirt like a magnet. I would dearly love to have a cream colored suede jacket, but it always goes back to maintenance with me.

I will NEVER understand why leather manufacturers can't come up with some sort of way to "scotchgard" suede and lighter colors of leather. :push:

4. ^ I agree. :yes:

They're gorgeous and I love suede, but they will inevitably get grubby quickly, unfortunately. :sad:

5. they are gorgeous- who cares if they are practical ;)
    of course you look after the weather but it's possible to keep them in shape

6. I would love a pair of these Steve Madden boots, but I have refrained for the same reason. I could only wear them inside in Seattle.

[​IMG]

7. ^^^:roflmfao: ^^^

How true!:lol:

8. I answered my own question!

My boots arrived the other day, and I loved them so much I didn't want to take them off - I couldn't bear to send them back. I did a little research and the Shining Monkey website said it's safe for suede...so I took a deep breath and tried it on my brandy-new boots. I am pleased to say that, as with vachetta, it darkened the leather very slightly -- but only for a few seconds. Once it was dry, they looked just like I'd never sprayed them!

I don't know how well it will work to repel stains over the long term, but it was definitely worth a try. Now, if it would only stop raining so I can wear them...