I've never used Paypal...

1. and the seller is only accepting it not a bank wire which i've used on all my previous transactions on eBay.

how safe is paypal for a credit/debit card? i've never used paypal b/c i'm so scared of identity theft. i opened an account with paypal but have never used it.

please help!!

2. I've used my debit card for years and I've had my Paypal account for years, and I've never had a problem. In my opinion it's safe, just never give your info to anybody if they ask.

3. It is safe to use PayPal as long as you use a "Strong" password (mix with upper/lower/number/signs) and frequently check your transaction logs. Make sure you remember your PayPal password but don't write it down so people can get it.

Unfortunately, it is the main paying method for eBay. Many listings only take PayPal for payment method. Plus, sending a check or bank wire provides no protection to buyers. I'd say shopping on eBay, paying via PayPal is safer than mailing a check or bank wire.

4. I've had my Paypal account for a long time already, and if I don't use it, I just remove the cc or bank info from there but keep the account open so no one can hack in. Lately I've used it a lot and it's fine. I'm paranoid as hell, so I check everyday to see if there are any unauthorized transactions. It's been good. No problems. If you're afraid, just add your cc. If there are any suspicious activity, your cc company can help too. I'm weary about adding bank acct since that's direct money taken out of your acct. But you can do it, and after you finish the transaction, remove it.

5. I have no isses with PayPal security. Just make sure you have a separate password thats different from your ebay one.

I also dont recommend linking your ebay account and PayPal account. Thats how problems happen. I dont use the PayPal logo in my auctions. I say that I accept it (however reluctantly!) and send the winner a separate invoice after the auction is over.

I was told to do this by 2 Paypal CS people. If anyone were to hack my ebay account, my PP account isnt attached to it.

I have also used PP to send money to my mom and brothers in the past.