I've got myself a PINK Speedy...

I applaud you for being so calm and dignified about this unfortunate situation with your beloved Speedy, but I do think that you should seek out the manager to clean or replace your bag. You are very kind to be concerned about the waitress, but your bag is a $600+ bag! That is not small change...you deserve the bag that you worked hard for. Good luck.

So sorry to hear about your bag.
I would try and talk to the same manager and see if they will pay to have the handles replaced or at least pay some compensation for your bag.

Take no notice of the rude, ignorant diners nearby - they are obviously the ones who need to get some class.:cursing:

I am so sorry to hear that! I cannot believe how careless people can be :crybaby:The restaurant should replace it. You should have spoken to a manager right there on the spot.

My Mom had this happen once, italian dressing on a brand new alma. Ofcourse of all of the places for it to land it hit the LEATHER. They sent her bag to corporate and someone in the main office had it authenticated. Once they knew it was REAL, they sent her a check.

OMG I am so sorry about what happened! I would be feeling the same way too if I were in your situation....Actually, I would buy myself another bag because seeing the stained Azur everytime would make be burst into tears! Hope all goes well for you...:heart:

Why on earth are you contemplating paying for this yourself? Go down there and chat with the manager. Explain what happened.. surely, after one waitress getting you a chair to put your bag on and everything they can't say the staff didn't know it was there, even though it wasn't that one who spilt it.
ita.

Hi everyone! It's my 1st thread, 1st post and here I am all upset over my 1st, 1 and only LV bag(an Azur Speedy 30). Sigh...here's the story...

Couple days back, my friend(whom I've not seen for ages) and I went for our dinner at a restaurant. The waitress attending to us was so nice to arrange an extra chair for my bag. I was feeling happy at how things were going great then.
Just as the food was being served, another waitress spilled chilli sauce all over my bag! I was shocked:wtf: when I saw the mess but had to remain calm and composed. I couldn't bring myself to tell the waitress off as she looked apologetic. I had to keep reassuring her with "It's ok. Just carry on with your work. :smile:" before she would get back to her work.
Without much delay, I quickly took out baby wipes(I carry them with me all the time:rolleyes:) and started the major cleaning up. But no matter how hard I tried, the stain was big deal! Handles stained red and the Azur turned pink! I could sense myself on the verge of tears and feeling faint already, when I overheard the next table had a couple talking bad about me. Dialogue as follow:
-------
Girl: Look at that lady. She's so fake! Her bag got damaged and she's still so nice to the waitress?
Boy: Oh well. What do you know? She's carrying LV ya know? Of course she has to ACT HIGH CLASS! It's LVeee you know? LVeeeee...
* The following conversation ended with both looking at me laughing their heads off. *
-------
Upon hearing this, I was so so so upset I teared a bit. The whole dinner date was ruined by my mood. My friend felt so sorry too for bringing me there. We just left the food untouched, paid the bill and head out of the restaurant. On the way back, I just keep looking at my bag, feeling sorry.

After so many days, the stain is still there. I'll be bringing it in to LV and let the professionals assess the condition. Wondering, should I change the leather handles? That'll burn a hole in my pocket then. *Dilemma* But even if handles solved, the canvas is still stained. :sad: The more I look and think about my bag, the more upset I am. I just feel like throwing it away and not having to see it again(I know that's nuts to say).

Sorry for the long rant. I'm already feeling very sick and a little depressed now. Looking at my bag just made me felt worse. :crybaby: And this seems the perfect place for me to seek solace.

Thanks all for tolerating with me...

I'm so sori to hear about dat. And I think you acted really kind towards the waitress, by not lashing out at her and comforting her instead. Maybe you can bring ur bag to LV and see what they say. Or bring it to a laundry shop that do special cleaning for bags and see if they can salvage it. As for those nasty pple who gloat & commented on other ppl's misfortune, don worries, "What Goes Around Comes Around", REALI!! They will be in ur shoes one of these days.
Shame on them to make such remarks! :cursing:

Has anything else happened, LaDolceVita? Did you end up speaking to the manager for some other kind of compensation? I agree with the other girls in bringing it in to LV to see how much it will be to get it cleaned & replaced.

Your 1st expensive bag is a big deal, because of its price tag & the length of time & work you had to put in to save for it. Restaurants do have insurance for these kinds of things, and you shouldn't have to suffer for someone else's mistake!

All of you have been so kind to me, offering ideas and help knowing that I need. A big hug to everyone I would like to give! :smile:

Been so busy lately, I haven’t had time to update! So sorry about that. Anyway I've been very hardworking, baby wiping my bag everyday for a week after that incident. Hahaha. I’m very surprised that my effort paid off. Saw most of the stain lightening up. So decided to drop by LV boutique the other day and got the LV staff to check out my bag. After scrutinizing my bag closely for about 5minutes, the following is what went on:-
----- ----- ------
Him: Miss, if you had not told me the whole story, I doubt I would be able to notice the stain at all. Ah yes, a slight tinge of pink on the canvas but barely noticeable. So I would advice, don’t worry about it.

Me: Really? Not trying to console me? I mean I can see the stain you know? *laughs* How about the leather handles? Should I change?

Him: Hmm... The leather’s a little reddish. But overall is turning in a nice honey color. Why would you want to change? The whole look is healthy and good. Would hope that you just stick with it. Change only if it’s really bad else it’s not worth the change. Money, leather color and yes, the time. It’s going to take 4-6weeks, doubt you want to be apart with your bag for so long? *grin*

Me: *gasp* Ahh yes! I don’t want to! Thank you so much for your advice! *Finds myself smiling silly back to the SA, then proceeded to pick up my bag and skipped out of the place*
----- ----- ------
Now, maybe some of you will think I’m nuts and go “That’s it? No more questions or assurance? You sure you don’t wanna do something about it?”. But I think I’m a darn easily contented person. With the SA’s words, I somehow felt a lot better because I trust they know their work well and give good answers.

So my final decision? - That is to just :heart: my bag more, ignore the stain and be happy+contented with what I have! In this way, I don’t have to part with my bag or money. And no problems be dished to the restaurant, plus the waitress won’t have to face any warnings or risk of getting sacked. Yeah! All’s good I guess. :smile: I just so love nice endings. Lol.:yahoo:

oh no... my heart went out to you. I was asking myself the same question on what would I do if the waiter/ waitress accidentally spilled some stuff on my bag. I understand the heart pain. And I am SO MAD at the 2 insensitive beings!

if u feel comfortable enough, do talk to the restaurant manager again. I just can't get over that u need to pay for the rectification yourself even though it is due to the carelessness (not matter how unintentional it is) of others.

saw your latest post - am glad u r feeling positive about this whole thing. U r a really kind and positive girl!