I've Got 6 Weeks To Get Fit!!!!

1. And could do with a little encouragement.

Yeah, I've got 6 weeks to lose 2 stone. I don't know if it's possible, but I have to try.

Thing is, I feel so fat at the moment and if any guys are interested in me, i can't believe them, and I couldn't possibly let them put their arms around me and kiss me the way I feel in my own skin at the moment.

So, i'm going to a bonfire party in exactly 6 weeks. I know I can acheieve a lot in 6 weeks - but i need to keep motivated and encouragement to keep going. I want to turn up at the party and feel confident amongst all the other girls who are going - they're all skinny, pretty and the boys are allways checking them out!

I thought every day I'd write here as to how I'm getting on and what I'm doing.

I've struggled, really struggled with eating disorders and lack of confidence in myself all my life.

My smallest weight was 10 stone and I was a size uk 8 and I still thought i was fat! Now I know I'm fat and I MUST DO SOMETHING or I'll never have the confidence to let a man love me :crybaby:!! And boy, I want one to so much. I have a guy in mind and I think he does like me, but I couldnt possibly make a move or whatever until I'm thinner and more comfortable in my own skin!!

So:

START:
    Age = 26
    Height = 5 foot 9.5 inches
    Weight = 12 stone 10 and a quarter pounds.
    UK Clothing size = Loose size 14 and an almost tight size 12.

Exercise today:
    40 mins Cindy Crawford workout dvd
    30 mins moderate dog walk
    60 mins moderate to brisk treadmill walking

I'll put my food intake in at the end of the day or tomorrow morning.

I'd really appreciate people's support and enthusiasm!

Here's to the first day of 6 whole weeks of hard work, but the achievements I know will be so worth it :graucho:!

Love from THE BEAST! xx

2. Good luck. 2 stone might be a bit much to try and lose in 6 weeks though. Aim for 2lbs a week so that would be 12lbs or almost 1 stone but by the time you've completed the 6 weeks you'll have the motivation to go all the way.

3. Thank you tasche13! I know. It's tempting to go crazy, but I ALWAYS put it straight back on when I lose it quickly.

I didn't manage the hour on the treadmill last night but did 12 mins floor work, like leg lifts, push ups and sit ups instead!

4. Monday's food intake:

Breakfast:
    2 bolied eggs and toasted soldiers (lightly buttered), 1 grapefruit and 2 cups of tea with skim milk.

Snacks: 1 large satsuma, about 8 grapes, 1 med box of Sunmaid dried raisins

Approx 8 cups of tea throughout the day with skim milk. Seems to fill me up and i find it very comforting.

Lunch: 5 rice cakes spread with 1 small tin of Weight Watchers coronation style tuna.

Snack: 1 small cocktail sausage

Evening meal:
    Roast beef with loads of veg and gravy. 1 grapefruit.

I think that was a pretty good day for me!! I was tempted to snack last night - but thankfully I fought it and only had 1 cocktail sausage, when I could easily have eaten 5 or 10!!!

5. Ooooh, I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I will tomorrow morning - maybe I'll have lost a little more :graucho:!!!

This morning I had planned to get up at 6am and do an hour exercise dvd, but i just couldn't get out of bed. But I decided to get up at 7am instead and take my dog for an hours walk. I did just that. She loved it, and I actually enjoyed the fresh air too! Then I came home and did 10 minutes floor work - leg lifts, sit ups, push ups, hip twists etc.

I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and I definitely notice my love handles are shrinking and my stomach is becoming flatter - A LONG WAY TO GO YET THOUGH :okay:. But I feel really proud of myself that I've managed to keep it up (even if it's only the 2nd day) and I'm even prouder of myself that I didn't pig out last night - I couldve done easily :drool:.

I'll log my food intake either tonight or tomorrow morning!!!

I plan to do 30 mins in the swimming pool after work and then 30 mins on my treadmill listening to some inspiring music on my ipod to get me really going :boxing:!!!!!

Today I'm wearing a UK size 12 skirt that is comfy - not tight, not loose. A Topshop UK size 14 jumper which is loose and my Uggs.

Thanks guys!

:love:xx

6. You might want to eat a little more at lunchtime. There has been research that suggests that you should have your main (i.e biggest) meal at lunchtime which makes sense as your body will have more active time to burn it off. Also it will stave off the urge to snak mindlessly. PM me if you ever need a little kick of motivation.

7. Thanks Tasche13, that is very sweet. And I hope you meant it as I might take you up on the offer.

I am going to go and dive in the pool in a little while.

xx

8. If you want to track your food intake www.fitday.com is an excellent free site. I have their desktop version and I love it

9. You can also track your diet at http://www.thedailyplate.com/ I find it really easy to use. Good luck. I suggest starting slow with the exercise so you don't hurt or over exert your muscles.

10. Thanks once again guys.

Everyone at the office had kebab meat and chips from a take away place for lunch today - but I abstained. Then, tonight, my family want to get a chinese. I was going to. But then I thought NO! I have to do this, i really have to do this this time or I'll never sort my self out. I'll never have confidence!!

11. Today's eating:

1 35g bowl of cheerios original. With skim and unsweetened soya milk.
    Cup of tea.

Lunch:
    2 hard boiled eggs, 2 slices toast lightly buttered, cup of tea.

Snacks throughout day: large satsuma and 2 small cocktail sausages off my niece's plate - I can't resist them.

For evening meal: Lightly cooked plate of vegetables - plate piled high! 1 grapefruit.

Throughout the day I probably drank another 4 cups of tea and 1 cup of coffee.

12. I didn't get to the pool as of work. But I did take my dog out for a very fast paced 30 min walk. And am going to either do and exercise video later or 30 mins floor work of leg lifts, sit ups, push ups, weights etc.

I'll check back in the morning, let you all know what I did and I'll weigh myself in the morning too!

xx

13. Make sure you are eating enough. It sounds like you might not be, and that can really come back to haunt you when trying to lose weight and keep it off.

2 stone is about 28 lbs, which is not realistic for 6 weeks (from a healthy perspective). You should only lose about 2 lbs a week by doing it the right way and being able to keep it off.

Congrats on being motivated- keep up the good work!

14. Just want to say you're doing fantastically and best of luck with it!!!

15. Good luck, I am to on a healthy eating plan. I would say to increase your protien and have some real meal. chicken breast or fish and vegies. I gained a lot of weight over the summer, ahhhhhhhh I know in 6 weeks you can get close to your goal. I know I will be close to mine. keep up the good work