I've finally found the PERFECT black everyday bag!!!!

The Gerard Darel original "Charlotte" bag retails between $340-370, depending on where you buy it. I've been told the price is going up for the fall shipments, but no one seems to know by how much.

I'm in love with Chanel and Gerard Darel. The latter has been my new obsession.
I found the perfect black bag:
The Charlotte 24 heures bag in Black (pic #1). It is perfectly sized. It has a magnet opening which is easy to get in/out of and i love it.

Another perfect black bag that I love is my black medium Chanel Ultimate Soft. But it's made from delicate lambskin and I cannot wear it everyday for fear of wearing it out.

The Gerard Darel is so nicely priced too. So it can now be my everyday throw around bag. I'm so happy.

I'm also eyeing these 2 other bags..... AHHHH how I wish I could go to Paris and pick up these 2 other beauties. The US boutiques only get the basic Charlotte bags and the Charlotte with pockets bag.

Just wondering...can the GD Charlotte bag be carried on the shoulder or is it strictly a bag to be held in the crook of the arm? I am so lusting after one now! :yes:
Oh and where did you buy yours from? I've been searching everywhere...

Just wondering...can the GD Charlotte bag be carried on the shoulder or is it strictly a bag to be held in the crook of the arm? I am so lusting after one now! :yes:

Glamourgirlpink,

It is medium sized, I haven't seen my exact bag IRL yet but I spotted a patent version of mine on a lady at Saks yesterday, it CAN be carried on the shoulder! I was happy to see that it can fit alot!
I bought mine from bagshop.com, they only have basic colors now: black, grey, and dark brown.

I'm lusting for a blue grey python one!!!

I'm able to carry mine on the shoulder, over all but the heaviest coats.

I don't know anyplace that has them in stock right now but both Bagshop.com and Balissimo boutique (310-543-5540) are supposed to be getting them in for fall.

Oh, they are all beautiful! May I ask about the price for the Gerard Darel ones, since I can't find any information on the homepage...

the normal leather ones are US$340-$370, the python is US$1500 (after converting from 1000EUR, which is the price in Paris) - that's pretty good for pythons!!! :heart:
i don't know about the lambskin one with the frills

The 24-Hour bag is gorgeous, I love it; I wish this style is available in a smaller size as well.

Congrats Absolutanne, looking forward to your pictures. =)
vbmenu_register("postmenu_2861753", true);

My bag came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's lovely and perfectly sized. Smaller than a CHANEL baby cabas, bigger than a speedy 25. :heart:
The leather is so soft and supple and durable. :yahoo:It fits so much. The color is much more matte than the pics on the website but it's so lovely. I can wear this bag for a very long time..

Attachments

• S5030179.JPG
    S5030179.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 72
  • S5030180.JPG
    S5030180.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 78
  • S5030191.JPG
    S5030191.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 158
^^ thanks beauxgoris!! you're so nice. yes, i'm waay too petite, 5' 98 lbs. the bag looks huge on me but i like it, i like how it drapes, hence the name of the bag! "drape" bag.. i love it. yes, it's the 24 heures aka Charlotte bag. i can't wait to use it tomorrow! :smile: