It's real???

1. Several weekends ago, I was in Chinatown with the bf buying a roasted duck. I was carrying my 35 CM, Rouge VIF, Gold Hardware, in Chevre. Hey, you got it, use it, right? Two elderly ladies tapped me on the shoulder (both in their 50s, white), "Excuse me, excuse me?" I turned my attention to them. I thought they had a question regarding the exotic BBQ meats we were surrounded by.

"Where did you get that bag?" They pointed to my birkin. I was taken back by their question. Anyone who recognizes a birkin would know that only Hermes has it. What's their deal? "It's from Hermes." I answered politedly, albeit reluctantly.

After a long pause, one of them replied, "Oh.... so it's real." She sounded disappointed.

I think I must've blanked out for the next few seconds. Because by the time I regained my vision, they were gone and bf couldn't stop himself from laughing. According to him, I jerked forward and blurted out uncontrollably, "Of course, it's real!"

As I walked away from New World China Restaurant, I looked to the left of me, and then to the right of me, noting that Canal Street has long established itself as the official home of the fakes. No wonder those two ladies wanted to know which underground shop I got my real-looking "fake" birkin.

2. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    That is funny!!! I probably would've reacted the same way if someone asked me that.

3. OMG! Absolutley hysterical!:roflmfao: That's the same way I react when someone thinks my bag is fake!

4. Damn...that is funny!

On a second note...you should have grabbed that birkin even tighter in that area! You just never know.

5. To be honest, depending upon who is asking is how I answer. Sometimes it is best not to admit it is real. It avoids many questions that you may not have the time or interest in answering.

6. :roflmfao: That's funny!

7. The question of where you got your bag is a subtle way of finding out if it is fake. :roflmfao: They know only Hermes makes birkins. :rolleyes: I'm sure you did blank out! How incredibly rude of them. And if you did blurt it out the way your bf said...I can completely understand. :supacool:

8. :wtf: i can not believe how rude some people are.
    if that happen to me i just wipe them off with the saying

"yes everything you see is the real deal. the bag the diamonds the clothes------- ah wait not everything i noticed your husband enjoying my cleavage well that is fake. have an nice day and thanks for asking tataa "

9. lilach::roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: I need to take some classes from you in the art of clever comebacks!!!! If I'd been in the same situation, I'd probably just start stuttering and turn beet red.

10. Lilach!!!! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: That's too funny! Wow, they were disappointed it was real? :wtf: That's so rude!

11. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

12. For a while, that elusive dream of owning something as beautiful as your Birkin bag was still a hopeful thing for those ladies. That's why she was disappointed because she realized she would not be able to attain that dream that afternoon, not in Chinatown, anyway! LOL So don't worry, the lady lived vicariously for about a minute under your Hermes spell :p

I would be nervous admitting it's real in such a public place, I'd be afraid someone desperate enough for one will just snatch it and disappear into the crowd! I'd want to padlock it to my waist or something!

13. That is funny (rude, but funny) I would be tempted to say to those women..."no it's a halucination you are having,and for that matter why are you talking to yourself".... :search: :tispy:
    By the way you have a bag I am dreaming of, after my ostrich, I want the rouge vif:love: :heart: in chevre if possible please:tender:

14. I've been in this exact situation before - perfect strangers (well, ... just strangers....if they were "perfect" they wouldn't be rude, now would they? :p ) almost demanding to know if my birkin was "real". And, it's usually in a place where I don't necessarily want people to know. My response - "Of COURSE NOT! " and walk away. Quickly. :graucho: :graucho:

15. Geez, and all those ladies had to do was shop on the internet to find a good fake. Oh well. All that way to Canal street, just to find a real one! Funny!!!