It's official...I HATE UPS!

i thought i was getting a deal on these jeans i bought on "www.shopbluegenes.com" and one of the shipping options was "best way Free ground shipping" so i selected that option 'cause i didn't need to have my jeans right away. then they sent me a UPS receipt saying i owed $60!!! so it ends up being that i won't get such a good deal on my jeans at all!

anyway, they're supposed to be coming tomorrow and i'm refusing to pay them. i was wondering, when you ladies weren't home to sign for the package and had your parcel left on the front door, did you have to pay them?? what happens if i refuse to pay for the fees?? is it possible for me to send the bill to shopbluegenes? i feel so ripped off! and does anyone know what brokerage fees are??

Thanks.
Here is a link to the UPS brokerage fees for Canada. I don't know where you are lolamai - if another country it may be different.http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html
Notice the "bond" fee which is added to the total. Any taxes and duties are on top of this!

I absolutely hate UPS as well and I am also at the point where I will avoid shopping with anyone who says they only use UPS. I've usually had horrible service and the extra fees they tack on are ridiculous. USPS is sooooooo much better!