IT's here it's here it's here!!!

BabyFace said:
I just found out Dude no longer does authentications for people she doesn't know. That sucks. But I can't say I blame her. :rolleyes:

That really sucks. :cry: I know dude may not have wordy explanations for why a fake is fake, but she is really good at spotting them and she's owned nearly every single bag in every color (I don't think the recent seasons). Her advice was valueable, and can help you get your money back.

Now that you speak of it- I've seen that auction, and I stayed away from it because the color was the teeniest bit off.. not to mention how the lower stud on the buckles is off. I just didn't realize it was the same bag, since it looked uber green in the photo of you carry it.

Well, good luck with getting your $$$ back- maybe someone that knows dude personally can get her to help you out.

Wow, I remember having a conversation with the seller about that listing!! but the messages are gone from my eBay inbox now. I remember reaching the conclusion then that the bag was fake and explaining to her why I thought so, but she didn't believe me (or claimed not to...)

And the 2003/2004 colors on ateliernaff are still incomplete, but after Mimi's recent conversations with dude, I'm fairly confident that the green colors from that period (emerald and seafoam) are established as the only ones - no lurking greens waiting to be discovered...

Thank you for all the hugs! It makes me feel better about being so silly and overexcited to take a closer look at the bag before purchasing. Thanks to lindylou I have an authentication letter from dude for the auction before they stopped doing them! I sent the seller an e-mail and I referred them to this thread. I'll update tomorrow and I'll also add some more pictures in the morning. Perhaps we can disect this baby before any one of us gets fooled in the future by these "superfakes" - honestly I would not have been able to tell withou you guys...the leather is fabulous and everything else seems like it checks out!! Thanks again for everything, I am truly greatful. Also, I feel terrible for not properly introducing myself! JDY is my initials ;) My name is actually Jennifer...hi! lol

makes me wonder where is this italian faker who is really good at it who copied every single detail like the vales the lining etc. why did he stop making really good fakes in 2004 where he couldve made a lot of money now when everyone is so into balenciaga.

emila said:
makes me wonder where is this italian faker who is really good at it who copied every single detail like the vales the lining etc. why did he stop making really good fakes in 2004 where he couldve made a lot of money now when everyone is so into balenciaga.
I think Balenciaga was much more popular in 2004 then it is today.Back then you couldnt even get one because they were instantly sold out and waitlisted and they were so $$$ on ebay. Also I heard the Italian fake factories dont just stop at Balenciaga. Today there are hundreds of amazing Fendis and Chloe paddingtons that are made from presumably the same factory.

if dude will not authenticate can we bring our bags to balenciaga and have them authentictate it?
this is what i think - this emerald classic which is suppose to be 2003 fall/winter and supposedly should have a long strap was given a 2004 spring summer silver plate where they started the short strap for classic bags is still authentic but was a prelude bags for 2004 spring summer? do i make sense?

emila, Balenciaga boutiques will not authenticate. As I understand it, if you send your bag in for repair the factory will essentially authenticate it because they won't work on a fake - but a) it's not clear whether you get the bag back in that case, and b) I don't know that I'd want to damage a bag just so as to have it authenticated...;)

Meanwhile, if I understand what you're saying about the emerald - first, the color of this bag doesn't match the actual emerald color, so it's not as if this is might just be an emerald with a short strap and silver plate; and second, Balenciaga hasn't released the same color in two different seasons in that way - well, except for black.

i've been in your shoes too jdy324 & just got my refund today...i got suckered into buying a fake gucci blondie bag on e-bay 2 weeks ago :cry: ...luckily, a sales rep @ saks fifth avenue was willing to take a look at it & told me gucci never made a bag that looked like that (ugh!!!)...it was hard to hear, but it's better to know the truth...i contacted the sellers, who apologized & refunded my $$$...it's amazing how many fakes there are out there...lemme know if you need any help.

AW! I'm so sorry! This really sucks- if you want, I'll definitely get you the phone number of the boutique I know. They had a ton of first-sized b-bags.. I hope everything resolves nicely, jennifer!

PS. Hope you did well on whatever final you just came from! If you have any more.. g'luck!!

emila said:
this is what i think - this emerald classic which is suppose to be 2003 fall/winter and supposedly should have a long strap was given a 2004 spring summer silver plate where they started the short strap for classic bags is still authentic but was a prelude bags for 2004 spring summer? do i make sense?

nope, the emerald was released in Spring/Summer '03 with a leather tag and a long strap -- it's impossible for it to have been rereleased a year later for Spring/Summer '04 with a silver plate and a short strap. The short straps started in Fall/Winter '03.

update! Well the seller was fabulous about everything. I woke up this morning to find about 4 e-mails from her. She was very upset that she got sold a fake and agreed that it was a very good one compared to the Balenciaga she had bought herself. And because of these *superfakes* she swears that she'll be sticking to what she knows. She refunded my money instantly as soon as she saw everything. Unfortunately for me, the exchange rate changed? So I lost about $15 in the refund and whatever it will cost to ship back! However I must say it's much better than the cost of the bag! lol I will be taking photos before sending it out so you guys can see the differences and hopefully no one else will ever be as unlucky as me! I have noticed a think or two that seems a bit off the more that I look at it. ::hugs:: you guys have been the best!!!