Food It's Cadbury Creme Egg season!

Ok, I'm screwed if first impressions really are lasting impressions. Oh well, for my first post, the reason I love Cadbury Creme Eggs.

When I was a kid, my dad would bring me home one every couple of days during Easter. He'd call me into the living room, sit down on the sofa and do his rendition of a chicken laying an egg. Seriously, he would cluck for like 5 minutes, then he'd get up, walk away and I got to search for the Cadbury egg. Usually it was under the sofa cushions.

This is why I love Cadbury Creme Eggs and my dad ;)

that's a good one. I'll let my husband read that. Perhaps he will do something memorable for our 15 mth old son. He will be so thrilled... this is how I want to bring up our children.. loads of fun and lovable memories !

I LOVE these. They're incredibly delicious. But you know, I noticed that they're smaller this year, they used to be kind of heavy and larger, now they're really light and about half the size they used to be. The new orange cream ones are yummy too.
And I also like their chocolate eggs they make that are in the purple package, I forget what they're called.

eggs.jpg

:graucho:

0o0o orange creme??? I must go hunt for that flavour! In the supermarket they always have like GIANT standards creme eggs and you have to sorta hunt through it to get the flavours you want :biggrin:
Those creme eggs are actually apart of an Easter Package that I'm sending to Canada. hehehe!!! YUMMY!!! I guess my friend wouldn't know if 1 was missing! hehehe!!!

LOVE them!

I visited the Cadbury factory in Bournville (near Birmingham UK) a few years ago - although it was no Willy Wonka experience it was a brilliant day out. They were making Creme Eggs at the time and that's all you could smell and see as they rolled down the production line - beautiful.

Mind you, although I like our English choccie I love Hershey too - you can only get a tiny part of the range here. Shame!

I bought a box of 4 this weekend at the supermarket, I had good intentions that me and my fiancee could have 2 each over the weekend, but my fiancee never got 1, I ate them all!!!!

I felt guilty for a minute, but they are too yummy not to indulge on!!!

I didnt know you could get them in America I thought it was just an English thing. I love them so much. :drool:

I think in the UK you can get them year round, in the US you can only get them around Easter time. When I studied in Paris and my bf was in London he'd come visit me and have his required bag full of cadbury eggs for my roommates & I and when I'd go visit him I'd always bring a big back home with me.

I really did not need to know that they were out already! So bad... but that might just be my break in the work day to go get one. I've only ever had the original and caramel... interested in the peppermint, I love mint & chocolate!