Please Choose Two to Sell!

1. 30cm Black Togo Birkin GH

2. 35cm Black Togo Birkin GH

3. 35cm Gold Togo Birkin GH

4. 32cm Rouge H Box HAC PH

5. 32cm Black Box Sellier Kelly GH

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Having seven Hermes bags feels like too many for me, and I'd like to whittle my collection down by two. Some would be thrilled to have five Hermes bags and other would be hard-pressed to limited themselves to only five. I figure it's all relative.

I've been refining my collection over the past several months, adding some and subtracting some, and am ready to pare it down to the essentials. Here's the lineup:

35cm Gold Togo Birkin GH
    35cm Black Togo Birkin GH
    35cm Black Box Birkin GH
    32cm Rouge H HAC PH
    32cm Black Box Sellier Kelly GH
    31cm Cognac Ostrich Bolide GH
    30cm Black Togo Birkin GH

4 bags are Black; 2 are in the Gold family and one is Rouge H

3 bags are Togo
    3 bags are Box
    1 bag is Ostrich

3 - 35cm Birkins
    1 - 32cm HAC
    1 - 32cm Sellier Kelly
    1 - 31cm Rigid Bolide
    1 - 30cm Birkin

Which two would you send to loving homes, and why?

2. 35 black togo gold --too big and sporty in togo to be chic with the gold. 35 box is sleeker in a big size

AND the 32 kelly with gold OR the 30 black birkin with gold--they serve the same purpose

3. I was typing it all out then I realized i agree exactly with what Hermesaholic said :tup:

4. I agree, but if you sell the Kelly, you won't have one in your collection. Depends if you'd like a Kelly or not?

5. With 4 bags in black, 2 of the black should go. Of those 4, which make your heart sing the least?

6. I went with the 35 black togo because you have the box in the same size and the 30. I would also sell the Kelly but that's just because I'm personally not a Kelly gal.

7. 1. What do you carry the most/least?
    2. What can you NOT let go of?
    3. Do you prefer the Birkin in 30 or 35?
    4. Do you LOVE (and use) the ostrich Bolide?
    5. Do you LOVE (and use) the Kelly?
    6. Do you prefer the 35 cm black Birkin in togo or box?
    7. Do you LOVE (and use) the 32 cm HAC?

Many questions must be answered...lol...cannot provide feedback w/o more detail...

8. 1. What do you carry the most/least?
    I used to carry the 35cm Black Togo Birkin the most, but when I got the 32cm Rouge H HAC and 35cm Black Box Birkin I pretty much stopped reaching for it. There was a time all of my Hermes bags were Black, and I've gradually added some basic non-black neutrals.

2. What can you NOT let go of? OK, just know that I'm being ruthless.
    35cm Gold Togo Birkin
    35cm Black Box Birkin
    32cm Black Box Sellier Kelly

3. Do you prefer the Birkin in 30 or 35?
    No question that I prefer 35cm Birkin, except for going out in the evening or running around on weekends. I prefer a smaller, lighter bag for those times.

4. Do you LOVE (and use) the ostrich Bolide? Yes

5. Do you LOVE (and use) the Kelly? Sometimes

6. Do you prefer the 35 cm black Birkin in togo or box? Box

7. Do you LOVE (and use) the 32 cm HAC? Sometimes

9. you've got:
    35 cm black togo birkin
    30cm black togo birkin
    35cm black box birkin....

i say move the 30cm black togo birkin and the 35 that you don't use as much as the other. too many black birkins.

10. The two black Togo Birkins. My reasoning is in the other thread.

11. Very interesting, MillStream....I read thru your first post twice then again concentrating on what you have and could not think of a thing that I would part with just using logic.

That said, do you have any emotional attachment to any of these?

12. I agree with many of these ladies...let go of the (35 and 30) two black togos...

13. Okay...so these do not go...leaving...

35cm Black Togo Birkin GH
    32cm Rouge H HAC PH
    31cm Cognac Ostrich Bolide GH
    30cm Black Togo Birkin GH

So you LOVE and use the ostrich bolide...
    You prefer the 35 to the 30 in the birkin...

If you were grabbing a smaller, lighter bag...would it be the Kelly or the 30 cm Birkin?
    Are you comfortable living w/o the two black togo Birkins? Or would you like to keep one in addition to the black box? (Or is the gold going to be the grab-and-go-all-weather forever bag?
    Do you like having the option of two different "colors" (cognac ostrich and rouge H) or would one be enough?

14. Whoa, you're good SCL!

When I want a smaller, lighter bag I go for the 30cm Black Togo Birkin. It's got a nice, soft handle and is very easy to carry. The Kelly and Bolide both have shoulder straps, and that's a great feature. However, both bags have more "attitude" than the little Birkin.

I'm leaning towards keeping the 30cm Birkin as a sixth bag. Yeah, I know I was trying to eliminate two. I don't see myself reaching for the 35cm Gold Togo Birkin in the winter. I live in New England and that color seems to light for winter, IMO.

Now, about color. I've had a thing for Rouge H Box Calf before I ever got an Hermes bag. Nearly 10 years ago, I spotted a vintage Rouge H Kelly in a tony resale shop in London. It was in pretty good condition, and my husband begged me to wait and buy a new one in perfect condition. By the time a new one turned up at my local boutique, I'd already bought a classic Black Box Kelly GH. The 32cm Rouge H Box HAC is take-your-breath-away beautiful, and I doubt I'd ever find another. Besides, Jasperella won't let me part with her. Finally, the Cognac Ostrich Bolide also makes my heart beat faster. Black, Gold and Rouge H are my favorite Hermes colors -- all of them.