It's A Cinch

Croissant

Detective Hermès!
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
hello all,
i've got a slight dilemma. i purchased a skinny CDC belt last year (with tax it cost around $1200 US) Marron Fonce box leather w/ Gold Hardware.:heart: it is GORGEOUS. the perfect waist belt. Well, now it's too big on me.:crybaby: I know it's not the worst problem to have but i'm really upset about it. I can't even think of another combo I'd want to get again in a smaller size that is worth $1200 again. can Hermes adjust the size for me on this perfect waist belt or am i destined to buy another one in several sizes smaller?? (i'd probably keep this larger one and wear it as a hip belt). actually, the one skinny CDC belt i would buy without feeling like i was being redundant would be black croc or marron fonce croc.:graucho: maybe this time with palladium hardware. anyone know the price on those?

I am pretty sure that they can shorten it for you. A visit to Manuela or even a call could answer this quickly. Fingers crossed for you to get THIS one shortened so you don't have to not only fork out more cash but then hunt down a do-able combo which is more work than saving the money up sometimes.

they are closed. forget it's sunday. ah well. i'll call tomorrow. in the meantime, let's speculate. basically, i want to believe they can cut the belt for me but i examined my belt yesterday and couldnt for the life of me figure out how they could do it. the Constance belt is easy, M has already added several holes to it. but CDC ?

oh oh oh i am so sad hg. :crybaby::crybaby:
that means i'll either have to sell it or i'll keep it as a hip belt and then search again for the same belt in a smaller size and spend $$$ all over again. ohhhh sad sad news.

Double SH*T! This is a painful thing. Well at least your waist is tinier! Here's to fun new clothes....

Keep us posted Croissant and maybe someone will spot what your new needs are in a fabby new belt with a smaller length.

Dear Ms. C:

Don't be SO UPSET because I think you might have a WONDERFUL excuse to buy a new wardrobe.....

WISH I can loose some wt....

Just curious, any diet FORMULA to share?!

Maybe you can see if you can also get some good deal on the H RTW sale next month?!

thanks morgan! i did not know H was having a rtw sale. that sounds promising. i'll have to drop by and enquire.
its not so great to find out your number one love of a belt is now in limbo. its not quite loose enough yet to fit on my hips but not tight enough to wear as a waist belt. :sad:
anyway, i basically just don't eat bread. i dont miss it at all.

thanks gazoo for the positive thinking. hg i dont really want to sell it. im going to wait until it can be used as a hip belt and in the meantime concentrate on finding the same style in a different colour or hardware or skin in a small waist belt.

thanks morgan! i did not know H was having a rtw sale. that sounds promising. i'll have to drop by and enquire.
its not so great to find out your number one love of a belt is now in limbo. its not quite loose enough yet to fit on my hips but not tight enough to wear as a waist belt. :sad:
anyway, i basically just don't eat bread. i dont miss it at all.

with a plain white waist-less sundress it would maybe work, creating a high drop waist, just loose enough to create a nicely bloused effect... maybe.

kellybag thats a terrible thing to say! haha :smile:
i tried that on saturday, hh. i wore a loose Chloe top and wore the belt low on the waist. it didnt look bad it just didnt really look the way i wanted it to. i like casual hip belts or tight waist belts. limbo belts suck :sad:
if the belt were a more supple leather like Clemence, i would try tying it.