It is getting Insane.. Chanel is charging me $150 shipping for box and ribbon

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I think most of the ppl know about my disappointing story from chanel..

and when I received the bag, it was imperfect itself and it comes with no box and ribbon

I rang them up.. they told me.. the reason they didnt put in the gift box is trying to reduce the shipping.. which they mentioned it cost $250 to ship to NZ.. and they only charging me 150...

if including the box.. there will be another $150 on top of it..

and now.. I requested the box.. they said they are going to charge me $150 extra...

I think that is INSANE. I want to ask any Chanel sales or anyone who ever purchase chanel from overseas. has chanel ever chaarge you $150 for shipping or more??? just for the box??

I am very angry and piss off!!!! I cannot see any reason why they charge me so much...

I feel so angry for you - what a pain. I hate foolish stuff like this, IF the SA had followed through to begin with - none of this would be happening! What a waste of energy. I know we all wish we could help you, good luck over there.:smile:

Well,from my experience with my local Chanel boutique,whenever I order a bag it never comes with a box because the cost of shipping it with box and stuff would be higher I guess for them...that is ,if I want the bag to come to the b asap and not together with a regular shipment...in such a case they would give me a box if and when they have one available which I don't mind so much since they take off the tags on all boxes anyway!!!

$150 US? And now another $150? Are they shipping you a box full of dead weight? It's a handbag for crying out loud, how heavy can it be? I know it's shipped internationally or whatever, but still, that's an outrageous price. Definitely speak to the manager about that.

How could it cost $150 to ship a box? Even if they shipped it through the post office by Express mail it would be less than $40. That's so lame. I can't remember if you mentioned it before, but what store is doing this to you? I want to make sure to stay FAR away from them...

I am so sorry that you have to go through all that.

but I must agree, $150? what is up with that? that means the box should have no flaws, come on a private plane with NO other packages and hand deliever to you by the post man who also sings a tune of congratulations. otherwise, no way!