It is a dark day for a reason

1. My son and I are sitting here watching Barney and it is GROSS out. I think I know why there's no sunshine

I have come to the decision after my recent (3'rd) back injury that I cannot continue with my job as a CNA. The biggest problem this poses is that I am the main breadwinner in our house because we don't let anyone besides grandparents watch our son and daddy stays home a lot.

The worst part about this is that as of now this is the end of LV for me. I have even decided to sell off as much of my collection as I can to help with the bills. Hopefully I can find something else that pays what I made...hopefully I can find something that pays the bills!!

but yes..I am sorta dying inside right now. Granted I can re-buy everything when we have money again but it is sad to know I won't be in the ranks of having a great, edited collection.

Just had to get that all out while it's fresh. Don't think i still won't stalk on here everyday and give my congrats..ya'll are family :flowers:

lol...at least I can stop my obsessive refreshing trying to get a pomme agenda from elux!

2. My mom started out as a CNA and eventually became a nurse. However, after years of lifting and turning patients twice her size (she's 4'11"), her back finally gave out and she had to retire from nursing.

I pray that all goes well for you and your family.

3. Oh no! *HUGS* Hope your back is okay, and ultimately, YOU and your family are what really matters and the handbags come much later in priority (although I completely understand, I was going through a dilemma with my job awhile back and guess what first crossed my mind when I thought of lost wages? Handbags!). Just know that we're all here for you, and don't worry, everything will work out in the end!

4. I am so sorry for you-especially because I can relate (in a way) to your situation. I spent the last 4 months of 2006 caring for my dad who was dying from cancer. He lost his battle December 29th. My job wasn't exactly supportive and it did cause some financial issues from being off without pay. Just when I thought we were going to be ok, my job went bankrupt and has laid of tons of people as of yesterday. I will most likely be in the next batch to go and I make more money than my DH. Because I am in the very unstable subprime mortgage industry, it will not be easy to get another job in my field. I may be out of work for a long time which will really put us in a financial bind. I am trying to figure out now what to do and know that I will probably have to sell some or all of my collection too. My DH always tells me to have faith and look at all the good things we have. So, please don't despair-things always have a way of working out even if we can't see it at the time. You still have your beautiful family. Although eveyone on this forum loves their LV's-at the end of the day they are material things that can always be replaced. We can always get our collections built up again later. Remember-sometimes the hunt for these items is the biggest thrill. Keep your chin up & let me know if you ever need a pep talk! Best Wishes!!!!!:heart:

5. I am so sorry to hear this! I know that things will work out though, they always do and when things are bad, there is no other way but up. Stay strong and determined and things will work out for the best.

I have been extremely stressed lately (I am in my 5th year of pharrmacy school and am in the proccess of selecting rotations for my last year) and finally in class today it all accumulated My heart started to beat extremely fast and I had to leave class and come home. I think all the stress of hearing everyone else's perfect plans (half my class is enaged and knows what they want to do with their lives) got to me, combined with my own uncertanties and I just couldn't take it. I know this is unrelated to you, but just know that others are going through tough times as well and it will only make you stronger.

When I called my mom during my "attack" she told me to take some time to focus on myself and get things together. Maybe a little time spent thinking about your career and what you want to do about finances will help, combined with a certanty that everything will work out. Jumping into selling all your bags right away may just make things worse..think it out, decide what you need to do and maybe only sell a couple of them.

Hope this helps. **HUGS**

6. Oh im sorry to hear this! *HUG* But i am a big believer in fate and that everything happens for a reason! Serious, if something is meant to be it will be! A new job will come up and will pay better! I promise! This has just happened to my BF, he works in construction and he lost his job for about 2months and nothing was coming up. He kept trying and now he is on the best money he has been on in his life! BIG rise! So everything will work out! Just give the man/woman/spirit upstairs sometime to think it through! *HUGS*

7. *hugs*

i hope everything works out for ya. i agree with luva pug, everything happens for a reason. stay strong! it's a dark period, but things can only go up from here. life's hard and unfair sometimes, ya just have to believe in yourself yah? take care!!

8. I am also a big believer in things happen for a reason. What ever happens at this point will only make you a stronger person. Best wishes and (((hugs))).

9. *HUG* i wish you all the best. we :heart: you :love:

10. Oh I am so sorry to hear that... well *hug*

11. I'm so sorry!! I hope everything will be ok soon!!! *HUGS*

12. ^ ITA, everything will work out eventually, good luck

13. THank you everyone. I really appreciate everyone's support! hugs out there to everyone else in a similar bind. Growing up sure is hard but luckily we'll always have LV :girlsigh:

14. I am sorry to hear about your problems. It puts things in perspective when these things happen, doesn't it? Then LV bags don't seem quite so important. The good thing is, since you will be home with your kids, your DH should be able to work more so maybe it will even out? I stayed home with my kids for two years and I am so glad I did. I wouldn't miss that time with them for all of the LVs in the world!

15. Awwwww I wish only the best for you. Yes we are all like family here and I truly care about all of you. I hope you get through this tough time and see sunnier days soon. Hugs to you.