IT bag discoloration

1. I have an IT bag that has discolored. I have only had the bag for a little over 2 years. I was very disappointed when I saw what had happened to my bag. I am considering sending it back to Dooney & Bourke but am not sure if it is worth it.

Has anyone else had similar issues?
    Anyone ever returned a bag to D&B?

D&B bag with discoloration.jpg Discoloration.jpg Close up of discoloration.jpg
  2. wow, :sad: i'm sorry to see those pics. that looks like a stain...is it a stain? when did you find out that happened and do you know how it happened?

3. Wow i am sorry that happend.

4. Oh wow. Never seen anything like that.
    I had that bag also and mine thankfully never did that! Wow.
    Good luck. I'm thinking if you've had it two years, they will chalk that up to misuse or mis-storage of the bag.
    That happens with a lot of brands. Chanel has bags that yellow with very little age and certain colors of LV vernis changes colors also. Both brands do not reimburse/exchange or repair the bags that discolor. A lot of it DOES have to do with how you store your bag. They consider it part of the wear and tear of the items that is caused by customer use and abuse- not a quality issue. That has been my experience anyway.

I hope you can get a satisfactory resolution.

5. No, it's not a stain. I tried to clean it with soap and water but no luck.
    I had it stored in my closet (no heat or sunlight). I have other bags stored in the same area. I checked all the other bags and they are perfectly fine.
    One of my leather Dooney and Bourke's and a Coach bag came with a storage bag. But the IT bag did not come with a storage bag.
    Even though I know I didn't cause this to happen, you're probably right about the company using that reason.
    I'm hesitant to purchase another Dooney and Bourke, unless it's leather.

6. Wow, I'm so sorry! :sad:

7. Send it to dooney for repair. If they can't fix it at least you'll get a discount on a new bag.

8. Last week or so I had a friend online that had the same thing happen to one of her white Dooneys. On the bottom of her purse though. She talked to an online customer service rep and they told her to lightly scrub it with Johnson's Baby soap on it and then wipe it down with hydrogen peroxide.

9. Oh, i've never seen this before. I've had an IT barrel bag since they first came out and aside from the leather getting darker, the bag itself is still white.

10. uh-oh. this is bad news for me too.

i got a white IT bag at TJM 2 months ago and havent use it yet... now im thinking of returning it and get a store credit instead.

11. Thanks for all of your responses!

Yesterday I tried cleaning my bag with everything you can think of, peroxide, clorox, grease lightning........ Nothing worked. I now know it's not a stain at all, it's just changed colors chemically.

Orejitagirl, I didn't realize so many other people had this same problem. It does seem like D&B could do something to prevent this from happening. I'm sure it happens to all of the coated bags, not just the IT bags.

I think I will send mine back. At least then they may realize what a problem this is, and I may get credit toward a new bag........but it will NOT be a coated bag.

12. Hello, I'm new to this forum and found this by typing in Dooney It discoloration in hopes of finding a solution to getting rid of the stains. But I see that there is no solution so far. I have emailed Dooney telling them about the forums on the discolored bags and wallets. And also asking if they will issue people some kind of credit if the items are sent back to them. I will let you guys know as soon as I hear from them. This has made me stop buying Dooney & Bourke! I'm sorry for everyone that this has happened too and suggest that we email them so they know how many people this has happened to! Happy 4th of July!

13. ^^ yeah, you have a good idea there. whoever has the it bag, we should all (not including myself b/c i don't have one, but i am curious about the discoloration) e-mail the company one by one telling them how dissatisfied we are.

HAPPY 4th too!

14. Hi again! I got a response from Dooney. This is what they said.

"We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your item. Please ship it back to us to be inspected. We suggest that you ship your item via UPS or insured mail. Be sure to include your name, address, daytime phone number and a brief description of the problem. Once we receive it within 7-10 days you will receive a card in the mail with your options on it. Give us a call and go over the options with us. Please include a copy of your shipping receipt. If your item is deemed a defect, we will reimburse you up to $10.00 for your shipping fees."

I will probably ship my bag and wallet back this weekend (I have the barrel and the medium zip around) and I'll let you guys know what happens thereafter. I'm interested to see what my options are. Did you guys see their new IT line? I'm thinking it is pretty nice, but yikes! Take care!