ISO: suede carryall/artist's satchel, need help please!

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
Hi, I'm in search of a suede carryall/artist-type satchel that looks like the one below from Vansonleathers.com.

I had a gorgeous one and unfortunately got rid of it and of course it's haunting me. My original suede satchel came from the art supply shop FLAX (formerly on 3rd Ave). I don't think they carry it anymore.

I'd get the Vanson one but I am not loving the stitching on the handles or suede... I've been looking for years!

I know it's not designer or even that fashionable... Can anyone give me some leads. Thank you!!

Attachments

• cb3-blk-tote.jpg
    cb3-blk-tote.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 59
I checked Flax's web site (which I'm sure you have, too) but didn't see anything. Your bag reminded me of something I'd seen on Sundance ... this isn't quite what you're looking for, I don't think, but I've always liked this bag... they have it in smooth leather as well.
test.ms

I checked Flax's web site (which I'm sure you have, too) but didn't see anything. Your bag reminded me of something I'd seen on Sundance ... this isn't quite what you're looking for, I don't think, but I've always liked this bag... they have it in smooth leather as well.

indiaink, that bag's by Ellington, right?

http://www.ebags.com/ellington_leather_goods/territory_tote/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=46009

Excellent suggestion and since it's on ebags, there's always the option to return the bag :smile:

mmm.... took another look at the "Ellington"... it does look quite close to what I want, doesn't it? I have put it into my shopping cart for the time being so I can keep track of it.

If I could just find it a little longer (north/south), and shorter handles for carrying in the hand...