Isabella Fiore: keep shoulder strap on if not using?

1. Hey all -

On a whim I purchased the Isabella Fiore "cute as a button" tote (Rachel collection). It really is cute and a HUGE departure from my faithfulness to only brown or black bags. I think it'll be cute with a spring/summer outfit! ;)

[​IMG]

I've also attached a couple of my pix (warning: blurry, sorry).

Question: I will most likely carry this by the round handles and not by the shoudler strap. Given that, do you think it's OK to leave the shoudler strap on or should I just detach it permanently? I've seen some bags handheld where the shoulder strap stays attached and just hanging loose and it's OK but not sure about this style :shrugs: . Any thoughts?

IF front.jpg IF Rachel.jpg
  2. It seems like the strap really doesn't add anything to the bag but it doesn't seem too distracting either, so I say take it off...or leave it on. Sorry I'm not much help.

3. Your bag is so cute! :yes:

I love it even more because of the optional strap! I agree with Toni about the strap not being distracting.

About leaving it on while carrying it...hmmm...I think it depends on the occasion. I would normally carry it, but if I'm shopping I would like the strap to be accessible and present. If I'm out having lunch or running errands, then I would take the strap off.

4. ^^ thank you both! I'll play around with it and see how it works. I'm just relieved to hear it won't be a major faux pas keeping the strap on - whew!

5. I always remove shoulder straps if I'm not going to use them. In fact, I am dreadful as I often just get rid of them (ssh, don't tell anyone who loves bags, please?!). I know, if it were me, that strap would be at the mercy of the back of my wardrobe and would not see daylight . . .!

6. I usually keep the straps inside the purse so I don't lose or misplace them. This also makes me not kick myself when Im out and need the bag but its at home.