Isabel Marant clothes & accessories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much simone !
It's funny because I asked the SA today about the prices in the US (I'm going to NYC on vacation soon and will be located near the IM store). But she told me it's more expensive than in France, even with the USD/EUR exchange rate, it won't be interesting for me (that must be expensive then !)
The first dress (from the show) is 740 EUR in Paris :shocked:
The white dress is only 180 EUR (it's the Etoile IM collection, less expensive)

Hi French75, I believe your SA is right. We have Isabel Marant boutiques here in Hong Kong and the prices are higher than those in France; I suppose the same applies to the NYC store. Plus, the buyers always won't get all colour options of a certain item, and usually what they don't have is what you like the best. Sigh. Anyway, I still get most of my Marant's in the HK store only because I'm now entitled to a 20% discount :yahoo:, which brings the prices to a more comparable level of Paris's.

How about Isabel Marant fur???

Does anybody have one???

Ive been eyeing the thibo fur versus the black richard one??? for the longest time...

Post pics !!!:biggrin:

Hi amacasa, I have two fur items, one is the XANUCO jacket in rose, the other is the XACALA vest, also in rose (I know, I know). I haven't taken a pic of the XACALA, but attached is one borrowed from creaturesofcomfort.com.

I first got the vest in Hong Kong, and then saw the jacket ON SALE in Paris. Figuring that buying one at half price (yes!) means that I could amortize the cost, I decided to also get the jacket even though it is in the same colour of my vest. Sis said I am crazy to buy something identical. I replied, they are not; one has sleeves! :P

Attachments

• XANUCO rose.jpg
    XANUCO rose.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,284
  • XACALA rose @creaturesofcomfort.jpg
    XACALA rose @creaturesofcomfort.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,099
Finally, my fave jackets from the mainline, including the Chanel-esque ELALI in ecru with black leather trim, and the fab sleeveless JANO with feather, crystal (glass?) and brass chain trim...

Hope you gals like these ;)

The Jano-wow!

The thread is making me miss Paris. My friend had just moved his new apartment in St. Germain. I was walking around at night, exploring the neighborhood, and stumbled upon Isabel Marant.

What a great neighborhood! I miss it!

The Jano-wow!

The thread is making me miss Paris. My friend had just moved his new apartment in St. Germain. I was walking around at night, exploring the neighborhood, and stumbled upon Isabel Marant.

What a great neighborhood! I miss it!
Thanks heaps, sonya :smile:

Agreed. Paris is a city that you can visit for the thousandth time and still feel totally in love with :heart:

Hktaitai I've died and gone to heaven
your marant jackets are tdf!

The fur coat and vest are so pretty. The
jano:tender::girlsigh:

we are jacket twins on the Gary dark grey.
I also have a brown trench and the name starts with o buticant remember

anyways the only fur that I'm seeing available on eBay is the blue ocre thibo and thai?

Didn't really like the raccoon stripes butnow it's growing on me.

Anybodyhere with the thibo or thai or anybodyhas seen them in person?
I think I
likethe ocre better than the blue.

Dollyantics love the flanas!

Hktaitai I've died and gone to heaven
your marant jackets are tdf!

The fur coat and vest are so pretty. The
jano:tender::girlsigh:

we are jacket twins on the Gary dark grey.
I also have a brown trench and the name starts with o buticant remember

anyways the only fur that I'm seeing available on eBay is the blue ocre thibo and thai?

Didn't really like the raccoon stripes butnow it's growing on me.

I think I

Dollyantics love the flanas!

Thank you, thank you, dear amacasa :smile:
Glad that we are jacket twins! :yahoo:Please do post a pic of your trench!

Don't kill me - but thibo's stripes always remind me of Carol in Where the Wild Things Are...... (pic 1) :P

Anyway, what is interesting is, Opening Ceremony DID collaborate with WTWTA and created this gorgeous flare coat...... (pic 2) :nuts:

Attachments

• 1 Carol.jpg
    1 Carol.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 2 OC x WTWTA Carol coat.JPG
    2 OC x WTWTA Carol coat.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,043
I think I

Hi again amacasa, yes I have seen the Thibo in the Isabel Marant store HK (they didn't stock Thai though); both colors are pretty.

Regarding the black Richard you mentioned in your earlier post, it's also very nice, just quite much heavier than the Thibo. Personally I prefer the Rick, cos I'm just 5'2" and it looks less overwhelming on me. But then I didn't buy it at the end as I was pretty sure I'd be heartborken when it got dirty, which is expected to happen really soon for a white rabbit coat.

And here's my Etoile skirt from Spring 2011 with the stars and circles pattern
2mnev79.jpg

Hi simone, saw your cute skirt at the Marant store today and love the star print! :love:
I'm torn between this cutie and the dress version......

here is a pic of the thai coat!

I would have preferred just 2 colors... this is three all in all: orange, black and lilac stripes! its hard when you can't try it on!!!

Attachments

• thai.jpg
    thai.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 1,245
Status
Not open for further replies.