Is Your Life What You Thought It Would Be???

1. Ladies forgive the melancholy, but as I am sitting with the first moments of quiet in days I'm feeling a little blue. If I had to do a checklist I'd say that overall I have an amazing life:
    Home-building dream house
    I never in a million years would have predicted that I'd be an orphan at 35:cry:. My mom died very suddenly 2 years ago-extremely traumatic-dad died 12 years ago and there are some days that I still can't believe it. I would have never predicted this for myself-I think of myself 15 years ago with my family alive and together and realize how little I appreciated how blessed i was.

So I ask you..could you have predicted your future? Did your life turn out the way that you hoped and dreamed it would?
  2. That is a very thought provoking question! Firstly, I am sorry for the loss of your parents. I lost my Dad 14 years ago when I was 25, and my mum moved abroad when I was 4, so I understand a little of how you feel. I don't know how I expected my life to be, but I feel truly grateful to have my husband and children, and our health; even though there have been so many difficult times to have got through. As I grow older, I feel that life is a journey, with many lessons to learn, and I think that I am understanding that what happens to me in my life, is part of the lesssons to be learnt. I always wanted to be a mummy, especially not having my mum as I was growing up, and I am thankful to have the oppurtunity to mother my children, and to have the possibilities of trying to be a better mum each day ( which doesn't always happen). You sound appreciative of what you have today in your life, and I hope that you can take comfort in the knowledge that your parents are watching you, and are proud of what you have achieved in your life.
  3. JJ's Mama, I'm sorry about your parents :sad: I cannot imagine living my life without my parents.

To answer your question, I am really happy with my life right. I have a wonderful husband, parents, siblings and friends who I can always count on. Despite the never ending stress, I really do love my job. So I really am happy with how my life turned out to be.
  4. No
  5. Nishi621 No as in better or worse?
  6. no. it bothers me every day.
  7. that is thought provoking.

Well, I've know for about 10 years exactly where I was going in life, althoguh I must say, I do get extremely miffed & down hearted some times when I realise that I'm not quite as far long as I thought I would be at this stage, but I still know what I am working towards & what I want out of life. I made my goals & I have great comfort in knowing that I stick to them, no matter what changes around me.

The life I have, isn't the life I had planned when I was a teenager, but it is certainly the best life I can ever imagine having! I do have a great life & I know I am lucky to live it.

I am sorry for the loss you suffered, I am not close to my family, geographically or otherwise following a 'parting of the ways' so I do understand you felling of loss, even if mine is not on the same scale as yours, I greived for my family years ago when I 'lost' them.
  8. So sorry to hear that. It makes me feel sad when I hear that you ' lost' them.
  9. My life did not turn out the way I expected it too, but I do have a wonderful life. I never expected to fall in love a man 22 years older than me, but I did. I always thought I'd have lots of children. At 29 I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I have a stepson who is grown but no children of my own. Life can definitely throw you some curve balls, but you have to hang in there and do the best you can with what you've got. I've always believed you have to count your blessings and enjoy and appreciate the good stuff that comes your way and never dwell on the bad things.
  10. heinz-I agree that life is a journey. i am soooo grateful for my children-probably wouldn't have gotten out of bed for months without them. still discovering the lessons in losing my parents-haven't figured it all out yet

Nishi621 and satine112-I am curious as to why you say no. Can you share more? If you're not comfortable-then no problem

ParkAvenuePrincess-sorry about the "parting of ways" with your family. I believe that may be more painful than an actual loss. I am grateful every day for my parents who were truly phenomenal and who really loved me unconiditionally. I didn't know how rare that was until they were gone. Now I am just trying to pass on that same gift to my children.
  11. Am I right to say that you are sounding less blue now? I hope so, enjoy your quiet time, and I am sending you happy feelings ( could be that I am feeling endorphins as I just scoffed a bar of chocolate!)
  12. no, its ok Heinz, it was a few years ago. Everyone made their decisions that day & may parents chose someone else over me. Difficult at the time, but I got over it. I have my wonderful husband who is my true family. He's never let me down & i know he never will.

Kat, I'm sorry about your illness. I hope its ok now?

13. Am glad that you have a good husband to care for you.
  14. This is quite the question...

First of all, I am sorry about the loss of your parents JJ's Mama. I can't imagine how that must feel for you.

I am fortunate enough to say that yes, my life is everything I could hope for at this point. I have had quite a few bumps, some of them quite large, but I am a firm believer that each bump has led me more on track than I was before. So certain things that have happend were 'meant to be' according to me. I still have a long way to go to figure things out- my life is not perfect- but for right now I am very happy with where I stand.

15. Kat, I hope too that your illness is better now.