Is this Shill bidding??

1. Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure this is shill bidding. I watched a Coach tote bag and people bid a bunch of numbers in a row, jacking up the price. Some of the users are new users with 0 feedback as well and may have been created by the person selling the bags.

You pay what you pay for it, but isn't this against eBays terms and conditions?

Auction item:
    eBay: AUTHENTIC COACH HOLIDAY PATCHWORK GALLERY TOTE 9499 (item 190044355985 end time Oct-30-06 18:11:13 PST)
    Bidding history: Item Bid History

And this is the one I really wanted and the price was great, and now it's caught my attention and the crazy bidding 5 times in a row happened in a few spurts:
    Auction Item:
    History: Item Bid History

Just wondering and curious about it, really.
  2. Yes, sounds like shill bidding.
  3. I thought so... wasn't sure. I don't think that second link is working but it had a few accounts doing it as well. I ended up sending a report to eBay. It bothers me, but it doesn't... But yeah, it does.
  4. I may be wrong, but I don't think the first one is shill bidding. If you look at the date that the multiple bids were placed, it was on Oct. 25 by Carrie392.
    Orangeismyfavorite placed a bid of $100 on Oct. 24th, the day before. Orangeismyfavorite may have put in a proxy bid, and Carrie392 had to place several bids in order to get hers higher than the highest proxy amount that Orangeismyfavorite put in.

It's confusing, I know.... :confused1:
  5. ^^^^ I agree. Someone may have a snipe or proxy set. It will show up mulitiple times.