Is this sandstone?

1. I'm getting ready to make my first Balenciaga purchase :nuts:
    Since it's my first, I want to go for a neutral. I think I've decided on Sandstone. I've been in contact w/ Aloharag and they send me a pic. But it looks so dark! Could this be sandstone? Is it just the lighting?
    [​IMG]

city_argile[1].jpg
  2. The pic is not showing up for me.

3. It's not showing up for me, either. Would it be possible for you to attach the picture? Thanks!

4. [​IMG]
    I agree, it does look dark in this photo, but I do think it's Sandstone. If you search the threads PowderPuff has some pictures of her gorgeous Sandstone posted that shows the colour really well.

5. I don't think that's sandstone. Truffle maybe?

6. Looks more like Truffle to me

7. It looks like truffle to me though

8. EDIT: Whoops... I take that back - that is definately not Sandstone, I thought it was from the smaller pic, but then I just saw it blown up. It does look like Truffle.........

The color of sandstone is a bit lighter then that IRL.

Check out this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/theyre-here-come-see-pics-113160-3.html on page 3, there is a thumbnail pic of what sandstone looks like with flash... I think it is pretty close to the color of mine IRL...

Hope that helps! :smile:

9. I was thinking truffe as well. I asked AR to confirm it was sandstone. They confirm it is, but I'm afraid to order it. Has anyone had problems w/ ordering from them in the past?

10. It definitely looks like sandstone in low lighting to me. I would just ask them to send you another photo w/brighter lighting.

11. I agree - looks too light to be truffle. Maybe a pic in better lighting will show the true color.

12. I think it's truffle too... I've never seen sandstone look that dark in any lighting :confused1: but maybe...

13. Sandstone or truffle -- it's not clear. You can ask for clarification. [:smile:]

14. When you click on the picture it actually says "argile".

Was argile a color from a different season and this may be left over?

Because yes it is too light for truffle and too dark for sandstone.

15. When i questioned AR about the color (and name), I was told that the picture is Sandstone and that argyle is another name for sandstone.
    I sent an e-mail requesting another picture, hopefully they can help sort this out.