Is this safe?

1. Hi everyone.

My wife is currently in Las Vegas staying at the Venetian Hotel. As some of you know, I am in the process of buying her a Burberry purse.

Now in the Venetian they have a Burberry store which is part of the Grand Canal Shoppes.

Part of me wants to call (either the hotel or Burberry store) and purchase a bag to be delivered to her room as a surprise.

Part me does not want to because I am worried she will never see the bag.

As great as a surprise as I think it would be, does everyone agree I should just play it safe and not do this?
  2. I am sure there is a concierge service at the hotel that would be more than happy to assist you. I think it would be really sweet if there was a bag waiting for your wife on the bed as a surprise.
  3. why not? it doesn't hurt to ask :smile: i'm sure she'll absolutely love you even more for the thoughtful surprise. i know i'd definitely be! Good luck and please let us know how it goes!
  4. JMO, but I think a place like the Venetian would not be a problem. They deal with so much money and other things I don't think it would be worth it to any employee to "disappear" the bag. The concierge will definitely make sure she gets it.

I wish my husband would think of surprises like that. Come to think of it, he HAS bought me a surprise handbag when I was having a lousy day and it was such a thoughtful are a keeper!
  5. I say DO IT!! I would think it an AWESOME surprise and gift!!
  6. EXCELLENT idea! Use the hotel concierge service as pisda suggested!

Please let us know how it goes! I am so excited for your wife!
  7. I just spoke with the hotel conierge.
    I was told that this would have to be done directly with the store.

I call the Burberry store and make my purchase.
    They then delivery the purse to the hotel who will
    bring it to my wife's room.

So, what is everyones thoughts on that?

Now I am not dealing with the hotel directly.
  8. The purse will be fine...if she does not get it you can just dispute the purchase on your charge card. I'm sure the store can somehow track it and have it sent all the way to the room...
  9. I think it's a great idea! You shouldn't have any problem, because Burberry shop wouldn't ruin their reputation for a small service like that. Tell us how it goes on!
  10. Hi everyone.

After all the support you gave me, I am sorry to say I did not go through with my plan. I just noticed after I do not know how long, that the purse I want to buy my wife is almost identical in size to the diaper bag we currently use.

No, the Burberry purse I want will be to big. I can't see my wife lugging around a 2nd "diaper bag". Maybe I can buy it down the line when we no longer are using a diaper bag when we go out with our kids.

Sigh... so my search continues I guess.

Thanks everyone.
  11. whatever you decide I am sure your wife will love the intention! and the bag of course!