Is this purse too far gone?

1. I am in the market for a Cherry Blossom Retro and came accross this on let.trade. For the price do you think the condition is too poor and if I were to buy it, do you think it could be cleaned? I have only ever bought my LV's new from the boutique so I'm not sure how much can be done to clean a bag.

Thanks for your help and advice!!!

Cherry Blossom Retro

2. Well, I see that it is brown but it's not really that dirty except the inside. That really just appears to me to be the patina!?! Maybe I am wrong though. My bags don't have much of a patina. I only use them for a short while. I don't think you could do much for that other than take it to LV and see if they will replace the vachetta?

3. You could take it to Louis Vuitton and have the leather replaced. It will take somewhere between 3-6 months to get it back though...

4. ^^^ By the time you get it back if you do decide to send the handles to be replaced, a better deal will pop up!!! :p

5. Exactly what I was going to say. I looked into this for my CB papillon(also bought from let-trade) and it really isn't very expensive. I'd say it's definitely worth it to get your hands on such a limited piece at a great price and then clean it or have it repaired however you need to. I doubt it would add up to as much as getting a brand new one. And really, the one in that listing doesn't look that bad, just had a nice patina and is a little dirty inside. I say go for it! :yes:

6. I think it looks gorgeous:shrugs:

7. I agree with Nola, I think is just GORGEOUS!

8. I think baby wipes or leather cleaner could help that. It seems like a pretty good deal to me :shrugs:

9. i think you should go for it! :yes:

it's just a lil dirty inside, other than that, i personally like the patina!

10. Most resellers would love a bag like that...one that is repairable, in generally good condition and at a good price!

11. I looked at that bag and IMO it's way too dirty....there are so many waterspots and so much dirt on the flap. Could it be cleaned? Probably, but it would take a lot of work (I had to do this just on the handles on my cerises speedy, and it took days...and that was just handles).
    There are retros in that color that pop up for about $400 more that are in much better condition.

12. I don't like it's previous owner, whoever that is. The dirt and waterspots on the flap are just too painful for me to look at. The patina is gorgeous though.