Is this normal?

1. Hey y'all!!

Everytime, after I'm done working out, I get hungry. Not like I want to have a whole meal, but more like chocolate and Coke cravings. I usually go to the gym after work (which is around 4.30-5 pm). I have lunch at noon, and maybe a fruit snack around 2.30. I don't ever eat right before gym because it makes me feel like I want to puke.

Is there something wrong with getting those cravings? I hate it because sometimes I give in and it ruins my whole healthy day.

Thanks for any input!!

2. if you have a sweet tooth after could you chew on flavored sugarless gum?
    A protein snack is very good for you following a workout, there's a lot of choices, maybe you could have a Hershey's Kiss or something small and some almosnd or something?

3. When I'm craving something sweet I drink a diet A&W Rootbeer. It really helps me and it taste great!

4. I like to have a half of Atkins' protein bar before workout (it's small enough that you won't feel nauseated) and the rest of it after workout. It helps me from pigging out afterwards!

Oh yeah, and it is normal for a lot of people. Especially after a good workout.

5. Yeah, it sounds pretty normal to me - after a workout, your body is looking to replace fluids and energy, as you've just used this up exercising. And you know what has the most energy? Sugar!

Coke and chocolate are the instinctive choice, because they're high in sugar, taste good and we're all used to junk food. If this bothers you, you should start to wean yourself off them by eating another fruit snack after the gym (fructose is the natural sugar found in fruit), or perhaps a piece of bread or some crackers (carbs=energy too). It might take a few weeks for your body to adjust to the non-artificial sugar hit. Portion control is the most important thing if you're on a diet.

If it doesn't bother you, however, just have the piece of chocolate and be done with it... but yes, your cravings sound normal!

6. Whew!! I feel much better now. I was starting to panic! i_wona, I'll definitely try another fruit snack afterwards. I can't afford to eat any chocolates during the week, having so many pounds to lose still. But fruit sounds like a great idea!! Or maybe a light, early dinner?

7. It's probably just because your blood sugar has dropped from the exercise. You could try eating protein before your workout to combat it...

8. missmustard, OMG ME TOO!!! Lol. i was just about to start a thread on this. I get the same way after i exercise.

9. LOL! Doesn't it get on your nerves?? I feel like I just worked my arse off and then all I want is to put the 3 calories I burnt back on, triple!