Is this bag discontinued? - Chanel Kelly

It's too bad Chanel discontinued this style. I luv the style. Does anyone know if it comes in different color besides black?
Hey CPA, I have seen it in beige for the newer Kellys. The one I just purchased is a later model 1994-1996 I decided to purchase that one today so I am excited to get it!

I know this thread is as old as the mountains, but i have to ask, since sometimes a model comes back and i have no clue about chanel -
Are the Chanel Kelllys available in store nowadays?

I love this bag and asked a couple years ago about getting one. I was told it was seasonal and in fact Chanel got many comments on why they were trying to create a Kelly copy and that it cheapened their image trying to want to be Hermes (like other brands who make Kelly copies also). Anyway, the SA told me Chanel would probably not bring it back so I would have to find a used one. Then... She said... In her words... Why would you want to buy the Chanel version of a Kelly instead of the real thing.

That was eye awakening as she even thought it was Chanel trying to copy a Kelly.

So... I went with the Medallion. Look into that style and see if you like the Medallion.

I love this bag and asked a couple years ago about getting one. I was told it was seasonal and in fact Chanel got many comments on why they were trying to create a Kelly copy and that it cheapened their image trying to want to be Hermes (like other brands who make Kelly copies also). Anyway, the SA told me Chanel would probably not bring it back so I would have to find a used one. Then... She said... In her words... Why would you want to buy the Chanel version of a Kelly instead of the real thing.

That was eye awakening as she even thought it was Chanel trying to copy a Kelly.

So... I went with the Medallion. Look into that style and see if you like the Medallion.

Thanks, everyone, for your reply! As for Chanel "trying to look like Hermes", I
was afraid of this answer- although "why dont you just go for the real thing" involves trippeling the cost and actually FINDING one....
The medallion looks real nice, but it *is* a kelly I want.... So I guess ordering/waiting/splurging wlil have to be the answer.

Thanks, everyone, for your reply! As for Chanel "trying to look like Hermes", I
was afraid of this answer- although "why dont you just go for the real thing" involves trippeling the cost and actually FINDING one....
The medallion looks real nice, but it *is* a kelly I want.... So I guess ordering/waiting/splurging wlil have to be the answer.

If you really want a Kelly, I think you should splurge and go for it. You will not be happy with a look-alike bag. If it were me, I would be really annoyed if I spent a lot of money on a Chanel Kelly bag and people made comments that "oh.. it looks like a Hermes Kelly", and they would be right. It is not a Kelly, but it is a look-alike.
It's like buying a Michael Kors version of a Chanel quilted flap... definitely not the same as owning the original.

I thought about what the SA said and the fact that even Chanel lovers are calling it a "Kelly", so that began to annoy me. If you really want a Kelly, I say go for the real thing. After 3 Chanel bags, you could have bought a Kelly, so it's really priority and preference.

Good luck to you!

If you really want a Kelly, I think you should splurge and go for it. You will not be happy with a look-alike bag. If it were me, I would be really annoyed if I spent a lot of money on a Chanel Kelly bag and people made comments that "oh.. it looks like a Hermes Kelly", and they would be right. It is not a Kelly, but it is a look-alike.
It's like buying a Michael Kors version of a Chanel quilted flap... definitely not the same as owning the original.

I thought about what the SA said and the fact that even Chanel lovers are calling it a "Kelly", so that began to annoy me. If you really want a Kelly, I say go for the real thing. After 3 Chanel bags, you could have bought a Kelly, so it's really priority and preference.

Good luck to you!

My throughts exactly, so I have put my name up for one. And although it will take a while, once the day comes I will never regret it. Am trying to get over the constant craze over the next bag anyways, trying to scale down and go for less, more exclusive bags that *hopefully* will satisfy me more than the "nearly-there" ones, so in that sense, waiting and anticipating will all be worth it in the end :smile:

I put myself up for a Birkin a year and a half ago, and am being told that it will be in soon, so in that sense, i have "training"... :P