Is this a fake??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :smile:Hello to everyone. I am new to this so bear with me.....I wanted to get your opinion on whether a bag on eBay looks authentic. I received a valid second change offer from eBay, but it makes me leary. The item# is 140201892920. I hope I'm doing this correct. Please let me know if this is not in the right place. Thank you in advance for your help!!

2. welcome to tpf 4th!! Sorry, that handbag is fake :tdown: I think you would get more replies if you posted this on the 'Authenticate This' thread, Good Luck!!

3. Eww, a yucky fake indeed! See that little leather tag thing shaped like a teardrop? Real balenciaga bags never have a tag like that.

As mentioned, always post these types of questions above in our "Authenticate This" section. I hope you are able to find what you are looking for, good luck!!

4. Thanks for responding!
    I did go there, but it looks like there is no way to post a new question only reply to a post?? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Can you tell me what gives it away (as a fake)?

5. Good to know! I figured as much. Too good to be true!

6. That is what you do, you reply to the post at the very bottom of the page and then you wait for one of the experts to reply to your post with the verdict. It's more efficient since usually a common authentication dialogue goes like this:
    is this real?
    yes/no
    thanks!

it would be silly to have a million separate threads open when you can just have one long-running authenticate this thread.

7. Here are a few things that stood out to me:
    • the additional leather tag that LoriB mentioned - an authenic Bal would never have that
    • the "Y" on the silver tag would indicate that the bag is from s/s 06, which means that the rivets should be notched
    • the numbers and font on the back of the tag are all wrong
    You might want to look thru the following thread - it will give you advice on spotting a fake:

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-shopping/how-to-spot-a-fake-139748.html

8. ...and the leather looks like cowhide with opaque finish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.