Is There Such A Thing As Love @ First Sight ?

Absolutely. I had such a powerful reaction to my husband's presence when we first met that I was kind of afraid of pursuing it. We've been married for 10 years in January. So...love at first sight hits you like a truck. it's almost like de ja vu. (sp?) We didn't even start dating until about 8 months after we met... and even then, it seemed like fate was pushing us together due to office moves in our building. [originally, I met him outside an elevator, introduced by another co-worker...and so that you believe me, I remember the outfit I was wearing when we met, that's how much of an impact it was..i still have the sweater] Anyhow, we dated for 6 months and then we got married! It's not like you can't stop thinking about the person or anything... it's just that there's something very special about them when you meet them. An instant and thunderous click.... like, there's something important here.

I think if you are the type of person who knows what you want in a person, it is possible. I don't think that is most often the case though. Not that it is hard to love someone, but getting to know someone enough to LOVE them is a process. But you know what, there are NO real rules to love, everyone has their own thing...but once, you find it, it is AMAZING....that is all I can say!:heart:

If you've just saw someone for the very first time you can't possibly love them because you don't really know anything about them except the way they look. Yeah, he might be the most gorgeous guy on the planet but what if he is full of annoying habits that drive you crazy? Or what if he had a dull and boring personality? To love someone is to love who they are on the inside and also on the outside. Now it is possible to be in love with the idea or image of someone. Most people call that a crush and I think most people have expierenced that more then a few times lol.

Yes. But it can be so difficult to distinguish from a host of other things at first sight that I think it is important to still go through all the various steps.

It is only in retrospect that you can say for sure that it was indeed love at first sight, and not something else.